how to get sound when pc hooked up to tv?

my cable is VGA and on the back of my video card its DVI so i put a converter on it and plugged the other end of the VGA cable to the back of the tv

Ok, awesome, who is your TV made by. Because it has the VGA input, I'll assume it's an HDTV. And it's made by Sony? Toshiba?

Unfortunately, I can't find any detailed illustrations for the back panel on that unit. There is probably a 3.5mm jack above or below the VGA port that you could use. But for the most part, you can't use RCA+VGA on the same input channel unless there is an "AUX audio" you can change the input to. You could plug into the AUX channel on any receiver/pre-amps if you have them.

Unfortunately, I can't find any detailed illustrations for the back panel on that unit. There is probably a 3.5mm jack above or below the VGA port that you could use. But for the most part, you can't use RCA+VGA on the same input channel unless there is an "AUX audio" you can change the input to. You could plug into the AUX channel on any receiver/pre-amps if you have them.

hmmm.... im not too smart when it comes to this subject, ill grab a picture of mine:D

alright so i got the picture and labled what i did...
49802109.jpg

bump

no, they didnt work, they are ment for the component i guess... well ill just stick to using my headphones *SMH*

On my Toshiba, there's an option in the menu, to take the audio fron either the HDMI port, or one of the sets of red/white plugs.

On my Toshiba, there's an option in the menu, to take the audio fron either the HDMI port, or one of the sets of red/white plugs.

i will definitely check that out, thanks..

just checked, seen some things.. but didnt really know what i was looking at...would it say somthing specific?

Assuming your computer has a 3.5mm stereo port, there's no need for adapters. Your television has a 3.5mm input for this very purpose located on the right hand side. Just use this cord to connect everything together.

Back
Top Bottom