Yay!

But still, name one card that uses all of the bandwith of a PCIe 16x slot.

My suggestion: get one powerful card now, when it becomes too little for you, buy another and run SLI.

For the 20+4 pin plug, make sure all 24 pins are plugged in. Some people are thrown off by that. If you only have two memory modules, put them in the same color slots.

Ok thanks man!
Any more tips?

Watch the 4 pin plug (usually 4+4 pins on modern motherboards). Make sure you plug at least 4 pins into it. If there are 8 pins (sometimes, there's a cap on the extra 4), and the PSU has a 4+4 pin plug, go ahead and plug it in.

For the vid card, make sure all both of the 6-pin plugs are plugged in (if your PSU only comes with a 6 pin and 4 pin GPU plug, you'll need to use the molex adapter that comes with the card, like I did). Also, make sure that the video card is pushed all the way into the PCIe slot.

Watch the 4 pin plug (usually 4+4 pins on modern motherboards). Make sure you plug at least 4 pins into it. If there are 8 pins (sometimes, there's a cap on the extra 4), and the PSU has a 4+4 pin plug, go ahead and plug it in.

For the vid card, make sure all both of the 6-pin plugs are plugged in (if your PSU only comes with a 6 pin and 4 pin GPU plug, you'll need to use the molex adapter that comes with the card, like I did). Also, make sure that the video card is pushed all the way into the PCIe slot.

Ok Thanks.
I have some old crap Pentium 4 at home that is just lying around broken.
So I used it to learn how to take off the thermal compound, amazing how the rubbing alcohol just "peels" it off.

Yeah just ordinary gloves like these right?
latex-gloves.jpg

yep those are it

might i suggest that you take 2 tylenol pm tonight and get some sleep
then build it and install the OS
let us know how everything goes

what games u gunna play?
I got L4D if u wanna game it up, an gunna get Modern Warefare when it comes out...lol

but the 940 is the sweet spot for a quad, even if its not a 955 or 965, its got all the power u'd ever need for a gamer or comp user. I'v never had it use all 100% except P95 of course.

Looks like someone is gonna have fun with their new PC! I'm not to great an answering questions but really nice build

might i suggest that you take 2 tylenol pm tonight and get some sleep
then build it and install the OS
let us know how everything goes

Lol I can actually sleep fine, I just gotta go to bed at 1:00 AM :D Plus the case and the graphics card are coming tomorrow. Everything else is coming Friday :)
what games u gunna play?
I got L4D if u wanna game it up, an gunna get Modern Warefare when it comes out...lol

but the 940 is the sweet spot for a quad, even if its not a 955 or 965, its got all the power u'd ever need for a gamer or comp user. I'v never had it use all 100% except P95 of course.

Idk what games, Arma 2 Battlefield 2, Modern Warfare 2. Lmao everything too.
Yeah I know the 940 seems to be PERFECT :)

Looks like someone is gonna have fun with their new PC! I'm not to great an answering questions but really nice build

Yes, yes that person will :D
I didn't really do this build because of I NEEDED or really even wanted a computer.
I just wanted the learning experience, and I was like ehh, the rest of my family could use a computer :D

Back
Top Bottom