Upgrading HP Pavilion a1320n?

Zaya da slaya

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm split right now between selling my xbox and getting a newer, awesome computer (Other thread) or just upgrading my current one.

I have an HP Pavilion a1320n (Thats what it says atleast) and I've been defraggling, setting prefrences low, ect, but I want to be able to run games like Warcraft 3, Halflife2, and TF2 at top or near-top res.

Any idea how I would go about this? The only time I've ever opened up my comp was to clean dust, but I think I could handle removing and inserting things like RAM, ect.

So, is my computer upgradable? Would I need a new power supply? Could I just get some more RAM? I know theres a computer nut out there who could answer my questions! =D

-Zaya da slaya. Gamer.

EDIT: I'm going to upgrade my current PC.

Well, I'm looking to not do too much, just making me able to play higher res stuff, so I guess $100? Or is that not even enough to do anything? I really don't know, but cheaper = better.

That looks pretty nice actually...(The card)but I honostley would have no idea how to switch them out or put this one in, so I would need some guidance on that, no need to break my computer! =D\

EDIT: Does this computer I have come stock with a video card? I want to know how much of an improvement it would be buying this card. THANKS!

Dude thanks a ton that looks so easy! I could do that for sure! Do you really reccomend that one? Anything else that might be better for what I need?

(High res for warcraft 3, TF2, ect)

EDIT: Also, I talked to one guy and he said I might need a better power supply or something? Would I? Or could I just run stock with a better card?

Dude thanks a ton that looks so easy! I could do that for sure! Do you really reccomend that one? Anything else that might be better for what I need?

(High res for warcraft 3, TF2, ect)

EDIT: Also, I talked to one guy and he said I might need a better power supply or something? Would I? Or could I just run stock with a better card?

I picked that specific card because it wouldn't need a 6 pin power connector from the psu, I figured that you wouldn't want the extra cost of a psu on top of the video card...

but if you want to spend the extra a decent psu in the 450w-500w range will add an extra ~$40 to the cost of a more expensive and powerful card...

So basically I would be able to slip that card it, with no extra cords or whatever, for ~$100, and my computer would be able to handle higher res games with no side effects?

EDIT: Also, how much overall better would my comp be after installing this? I currently have ATI Radeon express 200 or something

Back
Top Bottom