HP Printer issue

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I'm having an issue with an HP D4360 printer. It will print out but the ink won't be on the page. The ink cartridge runs across the page like it's supposed to, but nothing shows up. I know the ink isn't dried up because I can take the cartridge out and wipe in on a sheet of paper and it leaves smear marks (nice thick ones). The cartridge is a #99 which I guess is supposed to be a photo cartridge for this printer. It goes in the same slot as a black cartridge would go though it supposedly prints in color as well. It doesn't seem to be an issue with fitting becasuse it fits just fine. I had a black ink in it before but it did dry up. I think it worked with the black only in it (but I'm not 100%). Any ideas on what to do next?

Yeah I had the same problem, replaced it with a new ink cartridge, nothing.
Googled it, tried whatever I could, and still nothing.
I eventually gave up and bought another printer.
It did serve me a good six years so I wasn't to mad about it breaking..
Sorry that I can't answer your question.

You might have already tried this, but running the utility that cleans the print heads might get the ink flowing a little better.

Do you also have a color cartridge installed?

No I don't.

Yeah I had the same problem, replaced it with a new ink cartridge, nothing.
Googled it, tried whatever I could, and still nothing.
I eventually gave up and bought another printer.
It did serve me a good six years so I wasn't to mad about it breaking..
Sorry that I can't answer your question.

I am afraid that is where this is heading. However this is only about 1 year or so old.

You might have already tried this, but running the utility that cleans the print heads might get the ink flowing a little better.

It isn't a problem with ink flow (as I said it flows fine when I take it out and rub it on the paper).

If it also takes a color cartridge, you might need one if you use the photo cartridge.

My wide format just gave up on me when the color ink got low. The low ink light went on, and it refused to print. That was about $100 wasted on ink (I had replaced the black a few weeks before).

Back
Top Bottom