Need Help - Major!

a1sporty15

In Runtime
Ok so I'm majoring in Computer Engineering TECHNOLOGY. My friend said that if i have a degree in that im not a real engineer just an assistant. TRUE? FALSE? This is what im taking right now.
Code:
http://www.technology.ccsu.edu/programs/progsheets/cegt/BS_CET_Courses.pdf
which looks really good to me i have a mixture of networking programming and engineering. I'm also minoring in networking technology and computer science. personally i love all these classes. and im planing on getting graduate degree in computer information systems. So idk! tell me is this good or bad? i love doing this and i hope the pay is good? but what do you guys think about the CET .. Computer engineering TECHNOLOGY part

I would think it would depend on the job you get right? You might get be an assistant or you might not...

What difference does it make? If you like it, do it.

definitly going to back up jmacavali.

Do what you like to do. I ran into problems with my Networking major here at the University of Idaho. I have to take an addition 3 exams ontop of my 17 credits I'm taking (The exam is called CLEP for those who are familiar with that). I almost had to switch to International Studies because this year I'm going to be really really busy with Air Force ROTC, 17 credits of classes, 3 exams to study for, and Arnold Air Society. But I stuck with my information systes (computer networking) major BECAUSE I LOVE COMPUTER NETWORKING. Do what YOU WANT to do and you can never go wrong.

It looks a lot like an engineering program to me. I'm not sure what the "technology" label is applying to. I don't think you need to worry. BTW, good luck. You're in for a rough 4 years of schooling!

Oh yeah, just to add. If anything people like ME will be an engineer's assistant. I am a Computer Science major but mathematics, physic majors and anything related will also work side by side with the engineers.

Technology means it is algebra based and not calculus if I'm correct. You will not be making the wages an actual engineer does, but you will do similar stuff.

Back
Top Bottom