Gallery: Cases

I enjoy the looks as well the performance of it. I replaced the stock fan however, with the Slipstream Scythe 1900RPM.
Keeps my CPU at around 75ish under max load for hours in Prime95 in room that reaches as high as 87 F.
As soon as room temperature drops, so does the CPU significantly.

The 920 is at 3.8 currently with 1.28V CPU-Z reading.

hmm, i dont know a whole lot about them. I did see they do have a fairly high wattage, but they perform very well. I would like to keep my processor under 65c under load though. my C2Q Stays under 56c with my Freezer 7 pro.

It's a little more difficult when you crank the clocks of the i7. They're hard to keep cool even with high-performance heatsinks like his V8.

well, like I said my room gets very hot during summer, and the worst thing is that my computer is basically inside "furniture hole" which restricts lot of air. There is no other place to put it so I have to settle with the current temps.

2.6 to 3.8 ?
That's over 40% increase in performance, hell yes that is worth it.
My temperatures are nowhere near dangerous and right now it is the hottest season of the year, so I will only be seeing lower temps in the future.

Well. I'm getting sick of tearing down my Raidmax, that's for sure. So this 3rd time better be the charm. If I get another DOA PSU, I will not be happy. Anyways, the last time I got a new one, I decided to nab a few more accessories. So I got a bunch of fans, some expansion slot vents, and thumb screws to deck out the rest of my case. I forgot to take a picture of the ultra kaze on the Xiggy, but judging by how much more air I could feel it pushing through versus the old CM fan I had on it, I know it'll keep my temps down, even on low, since it has much more static pressure.

Here's a few pics of the accessories in back and the hole I drilled for the new side intake fan. I now have an 80mm on both sides of the case. The on the back side is an exhaust, and to meet the air-hungry needs of the ultra kaze, I put the one on the window side as an inlet. I could not use the preexisting holes as the Xiggy it too large and my Zalman GPU cooler won't allow a fan on the bar any more...so I improvised :D.

2921xt4.jpg

vnoxf5.jpg

I think in the future, since my window is scratched to hell anyways (idk how, since the computer is rarely moved...), I might fog/frost the window by wet sanding it with a medium-high grit sand paper.. It'd probably make the UV cathodes look pretty saweet. Maybe I'll tape some sections off so it'd give it some style, too. So it'd kinda look like this (best example I could find!) but with UV back-lighting.

Whaleatnight.jpg

the good old smilodon, I had one before my antec 902.
Loved the look of it, however the airflow wasn't anything special. and the cable management was pretty awful as well unless u start drilling.
Goin to the 902 was like day and night.

Back
Top Bottom