Cooling Fan

tryder

Beta member
My son's Air Hockey table was damaged and no longer works... So before throwing it out I noticed the big fan that was under it. I decided to salvage it for future use.

My PC has been overheating for months. It originally was inside my desk, but after continued sudden shutdowns I decided to remove it and place it under the desk in a more open environment. I have not has as many shutdown, but motherboard temp still reaches 55C (131F).

The fan specs I found are:
SJ1725HA2 Fan (172x150x51mm)

*Model: SJ1725HA2
*BEARING System: Ball
*Rated Voltage: 220/240V
*Freg (Hz): 50/60
*Current (A): 0.28/0.35
*Input Power (W): 44/51
*Speed (rpm): 2800/3100
*AIr Flow (CFM): 190/220
*Static Pressure (INCH-H2O): 0.55/0.72
*Noise Level (dB-A): 53/59
*Housing Material (Aliminum): aliminum alloy
*Impeller Material (Plastic): Construction plastics (94V-0)
*Weight (g): 920

Can I modify my case to use this fan? Or is it too much Airflow?

Currently I have 2 fans on the PSU (1) blowing on the back and (1) blowing down over the CPU. 1 CPU fan and (1) 80mm back case fan. The CPU fan ofter work up to 4500rpm according to ASUS probe software.

Please help!!!!

My son's Air Hockey table was damaged and no longer works... So before throwing it out I noticed the big fan that was under it. I decided to salvage it for future use.

My PC has been overheating for months. It originally was inside my desk, but after continued sudden shutdowns I decided to remove it and place it under the desk in a more open environment. I have not has as many shutdown, but motherboard temp still reaches 55C (131F).

The fan specs I found are:
SJ1725HA2 Fan (172x150x51mm)

*Model: SJ1725HA2
*BEARING System: Ball
*Rated Voltage: 220/240V
*Freg (Hz): 50/60
*Current (A): 0.28/0.35
*Input Power (W): 44/51
*Speed (rpm): 2800/3100
*AIr Flow (CFM): 190/220
*Static Pressure (INCH-H2O): 0.55/0.72
*Noise Level (dB-A): 53/59
*Housing Material (Aliminum): aliminum alloy
*Impeller Material (Plastic): Construction plastics (94V-0)
*Weight (g): 920

Can I modify my case to use this fan? Or is it too much Airflow?

Currently I have 2 fans on the PSU (1) blowing on the back and (1) blowing down over the CPU. 1 CPU fan and (1) 80mm back case fan. The CPU fan ofter work up to 4500rpm according to ASUS probe software.

Please help!!!!

the psu fan that you think is blowing air onto the cpu is actually sucking up the hot air around the cpu into the psu and blowing it out the back of the psu and case...

I have no idea if that fan will work, but it looks like it's pretty big from the dimensions you posted, will it fit anywhere in the case...? will it fit into any mounting holes...?

If the case is big enough for the fan and you feel up to the task, then by all means, go for it.

You might also want to check the heatsink. Sometimes, they get so covered by dust, that the cool air never even makes contact with it.

It's not too much air flow but...

It's too big, you need to feed 240VAC inside your computer case to run it - asking for trouble if you don't know what your doing with mains AC, 240VAC drawing nearly 0.4 amps - inductance might interfere with digital switching circuits on the motherboard/graphics card/sound card...............

It's great that you have this huge fan but unless your OC'ing it's not worth the hassle.

If your computer is overheating then look at servicing it first. It will be much, much easier.

+1 on the advice above. While it's probably possible to use it, if you feel the need to use it and you're not doing anything special, something else is wrong somewhere that needs to be corrected. You say you don't have as many shutdowns due to overheating - but you really shouldn't have any. It's (loosely) a bit like say trying to fit a supercharger to a car that used to manage 100mph no problem but is now only doing 30 tops...

My advice would be to open up the case and get rid of as much dust as you possibly can, and clean the dust filters out if there are any. Make sure the fans are running smoothly (without squeaks or rattles) and that any cables are neatly tied back using cable ties somewhere where they won't get in the way of airflow.

Back
Top Bottom