Trying to hook my laptop to the TV?

winslow33

Daemon Poster
Hello.

My Acer laptop as an S-Video Out wich, just for laughs today, I hooked to my old TV. Works great for movies and videos, but I have to strain while reading emails and MSN, and any kind of text. I've made the screen resolution as large as I can, but it still isn't quite comfortable reading. Is there any 3rd Party programs I can install to make the screen larger?

Thanks!

Hello.

My Acer laptop as an S-Video Out wich, just for laughs today, I hooked to my old TV. Works great for movies and videos, but I have to strain while reading emails and MSN, and any kind of text. I've made the screen resolution as large as I can, but it still isn't quite comfortable reading. Is there any 3rd Party programs I can install to make the screen larger?

Thanks!

Not much you can do. can't increase the res of the laptop if the video card won't support it. But it really sounds like the TV's pixels are spaced, and it has a low res, therefore not good for fine print.

You're using a standard definition television, which isn't suitable as computer monitor. You're going to need a television that supports high definition video in order to use your television as a monitor that's readable.

But it really sounds like the TV's pixels are spaced, and it has a low res, therefore not good for fine print.
Pixels?

Would I have this same problem if I plugged in, say, an Xbox? or is it just the laptop's video card?

Lowering the screen resolution would make the screen more readable. If your using firefox it has a zoom text only feature if you click on view.

You're using a standard definition television, which isn't suitable as computer monitor. You're going to need a television that supports high definition video in order to use your television as a monitor that's readable.

Pixels?

You knew what he meant.....

No it should be fine on an XBox (not as good as an HD tv though obviously). It's the laptops video card and the fact that text just doesn't do well on none HD tv's.

You knew what he meant.....

No it should be fine on an XBox (not as good as an HD tv though obviously). It's the laptops video card and the fact that text just doesn't do well on none HD tv's.

The video card has nothing to do with it.

The original question was if he could use a program to make the screen size larger. The answer is no, it's based on the video card.

Back
Top Bottom