Next Gen ATI Price Inquiry

I really don't see the point of getting the cards.
They will obviously cost A WHOLE LOT.
Plus the 4890 can take anything you throw at it, and if that's not enough, your 295 WILL!
I just don't see the point of getting them yet, they can make a good bargain for people who want a card a few generations behind!

I really don't see the point of getting the cards.
They will obviously cost A WHOLE LOT.
Plus the 4890 can take anything you throw at it, and if that's not enough, your 295 WILL!
I just don't see the point of getting them yet, they can make a good bargain for people who want a card a few generations behind!

Well, I wouldn't imagine they'd be inexpensive, but I fail to see the hype about them at the moment..especially if they're going to be so expensive.

I'm trying to figure out what the GPU sweet-spot will be for Winter 2009

HRM!

Well, I wouldn't imagine they'd be inexpensive, but I fail to see the hype about them at the moment..especially if they're going to be so expensive.

I'm trying to figure out what the GPU sweet-spot will be for Winter 2009

HRM!

Three GTX 295s in Tri-SLI. :rolleyes:

Three GTX 295s in Tri-SLI. :rolleyes:

that wouldn't be Tri-SLI IIRC, wouldn't that be sex-SLI...? each card basically runs in SLI by itself (two physical gpus)...or am I wrong about this...? and is it possible...? isn't quad SLI (two GTX 295s) the highest available SLI setup...?

that wouldn't be Tri-SLI IIRC, wouldn't that be sex-SLI...? each card basically runs in SLI by itself (two physical gpus)...or am I wrong about this...? and is it possible...? isn't quad SLI (two GTX 295s) the highest available SLI setup...?

Yep :)
But if you have a computer with 3 GTX 295's you need to move out of mom's house or find something better to do with that money :D jk

Yep :)
But if you have a computer with 3 GTX 295's you need to move out of mom's house or find something better to do with that money :D jk

makeitrainut9.gif

The RV870 die will probably be around the same price as the HD 4850 and HD 4870 at launch ($199 and $299).

And apparently it's 350mm2 on a 40nm process. If you consider that RV770 is 256mm2 on a 55nm process and that it would be around 170mm2 at 40nm, you can see that it's going to be a big jump in performance.

Back
Top Bottom