Wow.. Just.. Wow.

It is a LMFAO ROFL for us, but not for them.
They probably know something you don't, that's like you talking to Einstein His theories will be easy but you'll be like HUH!?!?
I find it fun helping people out, ESPECIALLY when their stubborn, you know you're right, it's only a matter of time until you can laugh at them for coming back :D

So? If I started talking about quantum mechanics you would be clueless too. Get off your high horse. Just because you know a few things doesn't mean you need to insult others.

Did you read the story at all? I was merely stating how absolutely easy this process was yet she still had trouble. Then proceeded to tell me that it gave her a virus..

It's not that I am on a "high horse", I am actually a rather humble person. I know I don't know everything nor do want to portray that attitude in any subject I talk about. I'm sorry if you seen it that way.

I learned how to torrent myself, I just downloaded a recommended program, clicked on something, and it started DL'ing. Nobody helped me, after I learned, I taught everybody I knew.

I open up Zune and iTunes at the same time sometimes. I listen to music on iTunes (stored playlist), and sync my Zune with Zune software.

As did I, I suppose the Itunes and Zune program would be a good case.. But Itunes and windows media player?

True, but I didn't act like I did. I get people in there that actually try and tell me how to fix their computer.

Actual conversation..

"Sir, your harddrive has failed which is why your computer is not booting."
"Wipe out the virus, that's what I did before."
"Sir, I'm sorry but that won't fix the problem, your harddrive has mechanically failed."
"I know you can fix the harddrive, so do it. I did it before."
"Sir, I cannot fix the drive unless it is replaced entirely, it has failed beyond my repair."
"Goddamnit, you people are a rip-off. If you won't be honest about fixing my computer, then I'll fix it myself."
"Ok sir, it's ready for pickup."

And guess what, 2 days later, he called me back and wanted it fixed. :D

Point is, there's a lot of folks out there who THINK they know what they're talking about and express that. Most of us waited until we really knew ;)

Lol I love those cases xD

I think he is fine is saying what he said. He's not trying to act like he knows it all. He helped her and explained to her the issues. That is what he is supposed to do to help someone. Then he came on here to complain about it to others who know what he's dealing with. We all know how he feels.

It's ok to help someone and make sure they understand and then go back to your peers and get a little 'lol' out of the deal.

Also, I don't think I've ever not been computer literate. I mean I've never been as bad as some of the people out there. I've always had a pretty good idea of what I was doing on the computer.

I learned how to torrent myself, I just downloaded a recommended program, clicked on something, and it started DL'ing. Nobody helped me, after I learned, I taught everybody I knew.

Same here

Also, I don't think I've ever not been computer literate. I mean I've never been as bad as some of the people out there. I've always had a pretty good idea of what I was doing on the computer.

I can't remember being computer illiterate. I've been using them since I was three or four. I'd even help my teachers with their computer problems in second and third grade (and beyond).

Back
Top Bottom