Random Chit Chat

That's very unfortunate, 56013.

I've heard Corsair is great! It could very well be NewEgg's shipping precedures. If they lack as much as TigerDirects, you're probably not in a good way on your HDD's either. Surprisingly, though my packages were REALLY bare on the inside in the way of suspension paper or packing foam, all of the stuff I've ordered through Tiger has never been DOA. Except for my 9600GT, once.

That's very unfortunate, 56013.

I've heard Corsair is great! It could very well be NewEgg's shipping precedures. If they lack as much as TigerDirects, you're probably not in a good way on your HDD's either. Surprisingly, though my packages were REALLY bare on the inside in the way of suspension paper or packing foam, all of the stuff I've ordered through Tiger has never been DOA. Except for my 9600GT, once.

Honestly. Who the f ships a $165 PSU in a cardboard box with PAPER INSULATION. PAPER FRICKIN' INSULATION. I mean, that coupled with the inability of UPS to deliver any kind of decent service is probably what killed the thing. I think that I'm going to give it one more go, but I'm telling them they are sending it FedEx for free because a) shipping is probably 90% of the problem, and b) I want it before I leave for college on the 7th.

Ugh. I'm just so pissed right now. I haven't been this pissed for a while.

The only reason I'm giving them another shot is because the OCZ 700W Modular is sold out.

Yeah, that does suck. If you lived near me, you could barrow my card, and my mobo (as it has 2 PCI-E slots), but you live across the river. :p

Maybe you can do a blind flash? I never actually did one, nor knew about it till I googled reflash bricked graphics card.

EDIT -

http://www.overclock.net/ati/342894-how-blind-flash-gpu.html

Seems like you need to actually be able to see.

Im doing something similar. Im Borrowing an old PCI Video card of a friend so i can re-flash my 4870 with it's original BIOS (Luckily i saved it hahhaa).

Honestly. Who the f ships a $165 PSU in a cardboard box with PAPER INSULATION. PAPER FRICKIN' INSULATION. I mean, that coupled with the inability of UPS to deliver any kind of decent service is probably what killed the thing. I think that I'm going to give it one more go, but I'm telling them they are sending it FedEx for free because a) shipping is probably 90% of the problem, and b) I want it before I leave for college on the 7th.

Ugh. I'm just so pissed right now. I haven't been this pissed for a while.

The only reason I'm giving them another shot is because the OCZ 700W Modular is sold out.

Yeah, Tiger does the same when they ship me single parts. My whole build game in a fantastically large box filled to the top with packing peanuts. But my 7200.11 and 7200.12, Q9550, AeroCool Xtreme, OCZ Freeze and my DDR2 SODIMMs came in small boxes with minmal PAPER packaging. I mean, PLATTER DRIVES for pete's sake. It probably wasn't even the firmware that went out on my 7200.11, because I upped it to AD14 from SD1A firmware.

I have something worse

When i got my airsoft gun ALL of it was wrapped in 5 layers of packaging tape

the whole thing

with a regular butcher knife it took me a total of 10 mins

haha

OHHH NOESSS!!

Did it turn out like this? (my 3 min. super fast PS skills :p)

2ilc2mc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom