New Case

dorfman

In Runtime
Ok here is the deal..

I got a new computer, pre-built HP elite blah blah blah.

It runs really hot, like makes the room hot.

The case has really bad air-flow, I've done what I can, but because the case is small and the wires are packed in there it just gets really hot.

I really don't want to spend over 70$ and I don't care about looks...it can look like a turd for all I care, I just want really good air flow.

and I know nothing about cases...

thanks for your help.

Start drilling? Umm...thats not a good answer to help this guy @_@

What I would do is maybe see if you have any side vents that you could screw some case fans in? Or, if you can add one or two to the rear of the machine, or intake on the front? What model HP is it?

Start drilling? Umm...thats not a good answer to help this guy @_@

What I would do is maybe see if you have any side vents that you could screw some case fans in? Or, if you can add one or two to the rear of the machine, or intake on the front? What model HP is it?

the stock case had one stock fan, I had 3 others left from my old computer,

I have one 120mm fan stuck on the side, and 2 80's stuck in the side, one blowing out the other blowing in.

Since the case is dumb it doesn't have a place to mount the fans in front of the HDD's...so I can't have one fan in the back and one in the front.

the stock case had one stock fan, I had 3 others left from my old computer,

I have one 120mm fan stuck on the side, and 2 80's stuck in the side, one blowing out the other blowing in.

Since the case is dumb it doesn't have a place to mount the fans in front of the HDD's...so I can't have one fan in the back and one in the front.

I'm trying to get a visual here, but just can't, you have one 120mm fan and two 80mm fans on one side of your case...? I've never seen a case without rear ventilation (well actually I have, but not on a basic, cookie cutter type case), even if you don't have an intake fan in the front and only have them on the side you should have a rear exhaust, putting an intake and an exhaust fan next to each other really isn't a very good idea, that would just create a whirling effect and not a "flow" of air...

I have one case fan in the back blowing in.

The case is weird..

33514661-2-440-OVI-4.jpg

the 120 kinda sitting on the bottom blowing on the processor..

Then I have on of the 80mm in the portable HDD drive things. Which is the silver case thing next to the processor. Which blows on my internal hdd.

The one blowing out is on top of that portable HDD drive thing. I would remove said portable HDD things but they attached to the internal hard drive bays...

The case really sucks since I have stuffed all my cables in my expansion CD-Rom slot since I have an aftermarket PSU.

Like I said I did what I could, and it keeps the computer cooler than it did. A lot cooler actually, but is still warm.

Also if you notice, the video card is above the processor.

The first time I opened it up I cried a little, and did what i could.

That's a BTX form factor system. You'll need to find a case that is BTX compatible. The 120mm fan on the back should be blowing out.

Back
Top Bottom