Restored Computer - Extra Slow

raceface

Baseband Member
So I just restored my Toshiba laptop because of some security issues, however, I'm having a ton of lag and speed issues now that its restored to out of box settings. I.e.: I used facebook, and when I click links, it takes forever to open, or it won't load at all. Its not the internet because I can get onto google and such much quicker and its not facebook because I can get on it without problems on my other computer...

What should I do to get my computer up to near perfection?

Just to clear this up, where else are you experiencing lag? If other websites load fine but Facebook lags, this could help us single out the issue.

Also, does the system itself have any lag/speed issues? (Opening folders, running programs, etc.)

Chris

Well its obvious that google will open much faster than facebook. But like GhostGT said, is it lagging when open programs, files, folders etc?

It lags on and off only on the internet when I'm trying to access sites like my school billing, sometimes my schedule, facebook, and just random times it'll be slow... but only while on the internet.

Make sure you have an updated driver for your network connection (whether LAN or Wireless).

Take it to another place that has wireless and see if there is slowness there (to verify it's the computer and not the internet connection).

Back
Top Bottom