partition and win7 ?'s

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
is it possible to partition a HDD that already has data on it?

for example, i have a 1TB with 600gigs on it and want to make a partition to install win7 ULTIMATE 64bit on. is that possible and what prog would u recommend?

and there's no way to take over my already installed programs in VISTA 64bit ULTIMATE to the win7 ULTIMATE 64 install is there?

i smell a complete re-install of everything but ah well :(

thanks in advance!

is it possible to partition a HDD that already has data on it?

for example, i have a 1TB with 600gigs on it and want to make a partition to install win7 ULTIMATE 64bit on. is that possible and what prog would u recommend?

and there's no way to take over my already installed programs in VISTA 64bit ULTIMATE to the win7 ULTIMATE 64 install is there?

i smell a complete re-install of everything but ah well :(

thanks in advance!

Of course you can!!

I use PartitionWizard personally, my main OS is Windows 7.

I repartition drives with information present often. Only downside I can think of is you have to restart.

The only time you have to format in my experience is when the space is corrupted somehow or it isn't previously formatted(In our case FAT32/NTFS)

Good Luck!

As mentioned above you can do it. I use a free program called G-Parted, and have yet to have an issue from it.

If you were upgrading from vista to 7 (not reccomended since the RC will eventualy expire) then the programs would keep, but otherwise, it's not possible to just take control of them.

Back
Top Bottom