worm? i think?

aligreg1220

Beta member
im running vista and i noticed my c drive filling up fast, all by itself i tried using malwarebytes....nothing. nortons......nothing! so i just did a reboot and format no back up or nothing. when im done getting my programs back i have 5.9gb free and i walk away from my cpu and in just 3hrs im down to 127mb free, anyone else ever have this problem?

It could be Vista adjusting the size of you paging file.

Click start | (right click) computer | properties | advanced system settings | advanced tab | performance settings | advanced tab | vitural memory change button | is the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" checked?

Try setting it to a fixed size. That could be what is changing the free space on your hard drive.

I usually set it to about the same as the RAM. If you have 2 GB of RAM, the 2 GB paging file. Google it for more information as to what size is best for Vista.

now im down to 1.59gb but every time i look at the free space its still getting less and less

it just it 891mb free, im lost and dont know what else to try, i do have 2gb ram and a 15gb c drive

Back
Top Bottom