Random Chit Chat

Just a confirming statement as to how much Google /really/ is your friend. There was a funny ad about Google I saw on television. I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere.

just a rant...

but ya know what really annoys me?

when PEOPLE PUT UP UTUBE VIDEOS that are recorded with FRAPS on realy load end computers with new games (prototype) on ultra graphics and it runs at about 3fps...ugh...

just a waste of youtube space...

if your PC cant do it right, dont do it all people!

lol...

now i feel better...

:(

Just flashed my graphics cards BIOS with the Asus TP Rom,and now it's bricked.I Have ridden my bike over to all my friends house in search of a PCI Video Card so i can re-flash it with the default BIOS but i cant find one.

Ugh.

Yeah, that does suck. If you lived near me, you could barrow my card, and my mobo (as it has 2 PCI-E slots), but you live across the river. :p

Maybe you can do a blind flash? I never actually did one, nor knew about it till I googled reflash bricked graphics card.

EDIT -

Find out from the manufacturer how to boot from a USB drive. Then make a bootable flash drive on another computer like this:

1. Make a USB bootable drive using this creator:
USB Boot drive (HPUSBFW)

2. Then download the boot files and extract them to a folder of your choice

3. Run the HPUSBFW program.

Select the correct USB device from the drop-down menu, set file system to FAT32 and check Create a DOS startup disk.

4. Then browse for the extracted boot files (now in the folder of your choice) and press start to begin formating it.

5. Put Atiflash onto it along with the original bios (can be DLed here). Make sure to name it something easy like "bios".

------------
6. Then put the USB drive in and hit the key to make it bootable (for my motherboard it is F8).

-------------

7. Wait a few minutes for the Dos to load and type: atiflash -p -f 0 bios.rom

8. Then wait about 5 minutes for the flashing to complete and reboot.

http://www.overclock.net/ati/342894-how-blind-flash-gpu.html

Seems like you need to actually be able to see.

"Houjie Town, Dongguan, Guang dong" according to my hotel key. Internet is free at this hotel.

Nice.
I go to Guangzhou (Mom's side of family), which is the capital of Guangdong (I think) when I visit China, also HK (Dad's side of family).

I'm getting really effin pissed off with both NewEgg and Corsair.

Got my replacement PSU today. Booted up once, then turned it off and turned it back on but....nothing...not even a MB light. Plug in my OCZ again, works perfectly fine. I'm getting sick of NewEgg's packaging and Corsairs QC. This is pathetic. I'll be getting a refund this time and getting a different PSU from a different company. I mean seriously...2 DOAs in a row is pathetic if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom