Help with IP address

macadoow

Beta member
I am having problems with my other computer. I am unable to connect via wireless router, but can connect via LAN. It is unable to find an IP address when trying to connect wirelessly. I have it on Static and everything, but it stil seems to be unable to connect. Any suggestions? If you need more info, please ask me. and I will get if for you. Please help. I need it to be working in the next couple of weeks before I have to go out of town for work.

I would check your wireless adaptor first. Then I would check DHCP which soundn't be a problem if LAN is fine but I would double check. Then maybe check your actual Wireless Access Point.

btw... this should probably be in the Networking/DNS subforum.

So your wireless card just wont connect? whats ur wirelesss card and make sure you have the drivers installed and after that then it should just be cake. if its linksys then they have some sort of software that helps you connect

You need to make sure the static IP you're giving is within the range of the router. I would just let DHCP do the job and not worry about static addresses. Also make sure your security on the router and on the laptop match. It's possible that you've used the wrong key on the laptop to connect(all assuming you're using security).

Post back with some more details about any of this.

Back
Top Bottom