blow your mind

My head hurts...

Yes EXACTLY!!
How could there be NOTHING?
It just doesn't make sense, and even if NOTHING is possible, how can something be made from nothing??
That's like saying make an ice cream out of nothing, ain't gonna happen, so how can the Universe just pop?
Now if we were made from another Universe (Now a multiverse)
It could make sense that the Big Bang was like an umbilical cord coming from another Universe making us.
Problem is, how did the FIRST one start?
This will be hard to figure out.

I once heared of this "Cosmic Egg" theory and space, time, and matter existed for eternety on a single point and it has been there forever... But why is it not there now? If a small point of existance has just floated around an endless black void for all eternity, that means it also wasn't there for eternity because something changed that caused that point of existance to explode and create a universe, Which also means it really wasn't there for eternety? IDK about the whole infinity timeline. It's like Is it infinite if it has an ening point but no starting point? Or can something only be infinite if it doesn't have a start AND an end? It's very confusing! :eek: :confused: :( :confused:

Yes EXACTLY!!
It just doesn't make sense, and even if NOTHING is possible, how can something be made from nothing??
That's like saying make an ice cream out of nothing, ain't gonna happen, so how can the Universe just pop?
It could make sense that the Big Bang was like an umbilical cord coming from another Universe making us.

if its infinite theoretically that take away any issue which its very possible the universe is static just as many though our galaxy was static

Ahh... this takes me back.

Really? So you are telling me that the "Nothing" in between your face and the screen in "5 billion years" is going to change into a universe?
Your definition of "nothing" isn't the same here - there's dimensional space between your face and the screen, and air, and dust, and quite a few things. Whilst it may seem it to the casual observer, it's not "nothing" at all! Don't forget, this was an explosion that created space itself we're talking about here, not an explosion in existing space. Such a concept is insanely difficult to understand, which is why most people mis-attribute it ;)

What you need to realise though is that all this stuff is just theories. Yes, the big bang is a pretty accepted one these days, but all the 10 dimensional stuff is part of string / superstring theory, which is much less so. In fact M theory claims that there are 11 dimensions. And quantum gravity might end up proving it's impossible to go back in time, meaning a real rethink for the string theory people.

And while all this is all going on, if the graviton doesn't exist / isn't found by the LHC, all the major theories we've got in this field, from string theory to quantum gravity will be rendered useless.

Jesus...... Just shows me how my young mind knows so little...
I think I got it.
2nd dimension-shape
3rd-shape
4th-time
Now I get kinda lost
5th-time travel?
6th-Different outcomes etc
7th-infinity...
8th-all possible infinities placed into that one point
9th-all those points placed into one point
10th-all those points into one point, which is basically the universe.
Something seems wrong but Idk, someone correct me.
It's fascinating stuff, it truly is - but sorry, to even BEGIN to understand what's going on here you'll need a PhD in particle physics and a good few years research. Even the best scientists out there don't fully understand what's going on, and whatever theory you pick there's rather big holes in all of them.

What all these theories are essentially doing are trying to link quantum physics at one end of the scale (dealing with stupidly small stuff) to newtonian physics (dealing with our normal day to day forces and suchlike) to Einstein's theory of relativity (which describes HUGE things scarily accurately.) At the moment we've got 3 completely separate branches of physics for 3 completely separate scales with no link between them. It's arguably the biggest and most complicated problem in science at the moment, people have given their lives to studying it, there's thousands upon thousands of papers on the subject, and all we've got is a bunch of mismatched theories that might well all be proven wrong in a few years time if the LHC doesn't find the graviton. Then modern science would, to put it bluntly, be rather screwed.

Personally I studied relativity in some detail in the past, so I've got a fair background to where it comes in and a lot of the issues associated with it. Give me the figures and I'll be able to plug things into equations, complicated ones where necessary, and give you pretty damn precise figures about frames of reference, gravity, apparent and actual time, the twin paradox, approach speeds and all that really bizarre stuff that happens when you get close to the speed of light. But did I ever really, honestly get my head around it and why it happened? Not a chance, and no-one I know did either.

Solve that problem indefinitely and your name will go down in history. But much as we might like to think, I don't think we're going to be able to get our heads around it and do all that here - no-one understands this stuff fully don't forget ;)

I knew someone was going to mention "air, dust, particles" between the face and screen thing.

What I meant was just an example of "nothing".
Yes I completely understand that there are many things between my face and the computer screen. It was just an example of "nothing".

The second video was totally cool.

But the first video.. Do you really understand what she just told you?
She told you that there was nothing "and out of that bursts the universe".

Really? So you are telling me that the "Nothing" in between your face and the screen in "5 billion years" is going to change into a universe?

Even though no change in matter occurred to the "nothing".

Because there no matter.

Because it's nothing...

Nothing == Nonexistent

She didn't mean it literally. A whole universe didn't pop out of a single point. The universe is constantly expanding. It still took time to everything to form. If you can't believe this, I don't understand how you think a single person formed everything together. It just sounds ludacris.

Heheh... This thread is starting to sound aggressive :D

Things like this can't really be proven unless us human buddies work together to build a better community... one with lots of nicer computers that can calculate the meaning of life, like how that one movie said it was 42...

jk

But really... Not even the most skilled physisists fully comprehend the origin of the universe...

Yes EXACTLY!!

Somebody's been listening to Multiverse theories of Dr. Michio Kaku.

I think you're getting yourself stuck with the thought of finite time. In reality, it can be equally possible that time has no relevance here. If you have been indeed listening to Dr. Kaku he further explains his thoughts about infinity and genesis. Multiple geneses happening on a continuing scale. In other words there was never a beginning and there will never be an end. Just cycles of universes being created and destroyed.

Somebody's been listening to Multiverse theories of Dr. Michio Kaku.

I think you're getting yourself stuck with the thought of finite time. In reality, it can be equally possible that time has no relevance here. If you have been indeed listening to Dr. Kaku he further explains his thoughts about infinity and genesis. Multiple geneses happening on a continuing scale. In other words there was never a beginning and there will never be an end. Just cycles of universes being created and destroyed.

OMG!!!!
I HAVE been listing to Kaku!!!!
LMAO that was funny.
Well this thread has lost me, so yeah, I'll try to keep along :D

Back
Top Bottom