G15 arrived and its the US layout (I'm in UK)

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I ordered a G15 off ebay (so my own fault really) and it is great and works fine except the annoying part is that its in the US layout, so a few keys are different, I have got it set up as UK in windows, but its annoying to see keys in the wrong place. I checked on ebay for replacement keys that I could swap them with and can't find any. Anyone have any ideas where I could get some replacement keys? thanks.

Does England not use QWERTY? DVORAK is your normal placement, perhaps?
Or are the number's shift symbols incorrect, like $ for instance? To be honest, I thought PC keyboard layouts were universal.

Does England not use QWERTY? DVORAK is your normal placement, perhaps?
Nope, England uses QWERTY mainly, but some of the keys are in a different place (" and @ is the classic swap for example.) They're definitely not universal I'm afraid!

Best bet I would've thought is to either contact logitech directly or keep on looking at ebay - though I would've thought you may have more success with the former.

You could either get in touch with logitech and order them as spares or wait for spares on ebay or a faulty G15 to come on the market.

Oh yeah. Had that happen to me once, The mapout can be changed in the OS but as you have said, it's annoying to have keys that don't match what they really should be.

Why should he have to. The rest of his life he's been learning a UK qwerty keyboard. Why would he want to change. Even if, because of the OS setup, it still runs the same it doesn't look right to him and he has no reason to have to change

Thanks, I spoke to one of my friends and he also has the G15 version 2, however he has the original g15 sitting up in his loft which is broken, would the keys from version 1, fit version 2?

EDIT: Comparing it to my old keyboard, it seems that the following keys need replacing:

The " and @
The £ and #

(those arent the actual symbols which are shown on the keyboard, they are just what happens when I press them :p)

So just those 4 keys by the looks of it, not as bad as it looked at first, still would be nice to swap them though.

Back
Top Bottom