Forum "Update"

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

What do you guys think of this? David, if I post a poll that considers the above outlook and it turns out successful by a majority of 66% of the members, will you make changes?

The actual physical task of rearranging all these threads could literally take a bazzillion years.

No idea but I won't be the one to rearrange 80,000 threads. And you can't just move the active ones and leave the old inactive ones as they are, as far as I am concerned that would look stupid.

The actual physical task of rearranging all these threads could literally take a bazzillion years.
I never considered that. Maybe make an archive section for old posts and just move the last x number to their appropriate forums?

It might make CF look a little empty in the short term but in the long run, I think it's well worth reorganizing the forums and having some change in here for once.

Seems like that may clutter it, but it could work out
I never considered that. Maybe make an archive section for old posts and just move the last x number to their appropriate forums?

It might make CF look a little empty in the short term but in the long run, I think it's well worth reorganizing the forums and having some change in here for once.
So the place will look empty in the new sections..some old cluttered section where the old posts have just been dumped. Change is one thing but it needs to be good for the forum. I was all for rearranging the forum but if that is how it would end up I am starting to change my mind.

The only realistic option I can think of would be to dump *all* of the existing threads into one huge archived section, and then lock that section to prevent anyone adding to it. I've seen it done (and work well) on smaller sections of smaller forums, but I don't think it'd work well with every single post on this board!

Arranging by keywords / post content will be unreliable at best, and sorting through however many thousand threads manually isn't a job anyone's going to volunteer to do...

I know for one I wont have the time to sort through 80,000+ threads to re-arrange them into different sections... keywords dont work at the best of times either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom