Another sleep problem thread

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Yeah, this problem I'm having is insane. I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and I am flippin wired. Last night, I laid in bed from 1:30 am to 5:30 am and couldn't sleep, but I finally did doze off. But then, I had to be up at 7:30 for a job interview. The only pick-me-up I had for that was a cup of coffee (which I had at 8 am) The only thing I've had to drink for the last 6 hours is water.

Oh, I also worked today among other things such as walking a few city blocks in 90+ degree weather (while wearing dressy clothes, too)

Oh well. To be honest, it doesn't really bother me, I'll either force myself to go to sleep or I'll crash later on today. I just wonder why I'm like this...

Hard to say without more info, do you usually use large doses of stimulants? (coffee, energy drinks etc)

Do you get regular exercise every day?

How old are you?

You can't force yourself to sleep, you have to be relaxed and feel sleepy. If you can't get to sleep withing 10-15 minutes of laying down, you shouldn't just lay there awake until you go to sleep, get up and do something relaxing like watch a movie or surf the web or something until you feel sleepy and then go to bed. It also depends on what you do during the day, what you eat/drink. You really shouldn't have caffeine after 5pm or eat a lot before bed.

Try taking some melatonin, it helps promote sleep and your body will produce good chemicals while you are asleep in darkness that make u feel better the next day. Real good stuff for people like you.

Try taking some melatonin, it helps promote sleep and your body will produce good chemicals while you are asleep in darkness that make u feel better the next day. Real good stuff for people like you.

ummm that crap has some pretty bad side effects. I would suggest doing some research being taking a hormone drug

I'm 18 years old. I worked usually seven hours per day at KFC. Yesterday was my 10th day in a row working.

Last night I finally got at least nine hours sleep. It was great.

I haven't been drinking that much caffeine lately. In all actuality it was caffeine that helped me sleep this time. It had to be. I drank something with a lot of caffeine in it, and the next thing you know I'm sleeping.

I usually go to bed at 3 AM and that is pretty consistent. Pretty soon though I'm going to have a night shift job and might have to reschedule my sleeping pattern.. Say, 5pm to 10pm and then 6am to 10am? Two jobs FTW.

I'm 18 years old. I worked usually seven hours per day at KFC. Yesterday was my 10th day in a row working.

Last night I finally got at least nine hours sleep. It was great.

I haven't been drinking that much caffeine lately. In all actuality it was caffeine that helped me sleep this time. It had to be. I drank something with a lot of caffeine in it, and the next thing you know I'm sleeping.

I usually go to bed at 3 AM and that is pretty consistent. Pretty soon though I'm going to have a night shift job and might have to reschedule my sleeping pattern.. Say, 5pm to 10pm and then 6am to 10am? Two jobs FTW.

3AM is not an ideal time to go to be :eek: consistantly

Ok, well. Think of it this way. Say I have to be at work at 11 and still go to bed at 3am. I would get up at 10am. 7 hours of sleep. Not too bad really.

Back
Top Bottom