Commodore 64...

I Just have a question,once i program a small program,can i copy it to a Tape of Floppy disk?

Im just learning how to program using BASIC on it,i just programmed a badass timer :D

10 ti$ = "000000"
20 print time
30 goto 20

You should be able to store your program on a commodore floppy or tape drive.

If you make it a 'for next' loop, you can add a request for how long the timer will run. Rather than let it run forever. I has been 25 years since I've done any serious basic programing...your post brings back memories.

I had a Commodore 64 with monitor two floppy drives, and a dot matrix printer. Oh yeah! I had a 300 baud modem that I use to access Compuserve! The major network, before the internet was accessable to the general public.

Most of the basic programming I did was before the Commodore with a Texas Instruments TI99/a with an old 12" black and white TV for a monitor.

Man, I used to write games on my old Apple II Plus using BASIC and game code that I got from a couple books and magazines. Ahh....those were the days! 5 1/4 floppies and monochrome monitors!

I remember drooling over the Apple II! And carefully typinging in basic programs for the Commodore from magazines. (There were a lot more magazines featuring the Commodore than the Texas Insturments computer at the time.) Although I did most of the Basic programming with the TI, for me, the Commodore was a gaming computer!

Operating system Commodore KERNAL/Commodore BASIC 2.0
CPU MOS Technology 6510
@ 1.02 MHz (NTSC version)
@ 0.985 MHz (PAL version)
Memory 64 KByte RAM
Graphics MOS Technology VIC-II (320 x 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
Connectivity 2x MOS Technology CIA Joystick x2, Power, Cartridge, RF, A/V, IEEE-488 Floppy/Printer, Digital tape, GPIO/RS-232
^ Gaming computer! :D

I still have a working Commodore 64 and about 100 games or so.... Jumpman, Raid over Moscow and Archon are my favs....O yah and I love Bungling Bay as well!

Operating system Commodore KERNAL/Commodore BASIC 2.0
CPU MOS Technology 6510
@ 1.02 MHz (NTSC version)
@ 0.985 MHz (PAL version)
Memory 64 KByte RAM
Graphics MOS Technology VIC-II (320 x 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
Connectivity 2x MOS Technology CIA Joystick x2, Power, Cartridge, RF, A/V, IEEE-488 Floppy/Printer, Digital tape, GPIO/RS-232
^ Gaming computer! :D

That'd give my rig a run for it's money....

Now i just have to find a decent tape drive :D

Back
Top Bottom