What Ram Is The Best For Me To Use

437matt

Beta member
What ram is best? Number:1 A Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5 for $109.00.OR Number:2 A Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF$132.30 Inc fan. The two different rams can found here No:1 http://www.expresspcparts.com.au/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=MEM-284-ALT-TWIN2X4096-8500C5&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc and No:2 http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/catalog/-p-15197.html?utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc
I would really like to no which ram would be the best one to get. Any advice I would be very grateful Thanks PS: Any advice on a QUAD core CPU to suit my system would be cool to. Thanks

Neither one of those links comes up for me..

I would just get the one without the fan though, the $109.00

Before getting anything, I would like to know what you use your computer for, how much you want to spend, and the rest of your specs.
Then we can talk.

I'm not new to pc's but I am new to forums. So when I put my first thread/question on I wrote my pc specs in a confusing way :confused: so I removed the specs & just left the question. Well here are my specs to help out with my question I hope they are clear this time. The links with the question are working now to.

Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L|Intel E5200cpu|Gigabyte NVIDIA 9800GT-OC 700Mhz/DDR3|Transcend DDR2 2GB|Western Digital 640GB black edition 7200rpm/32mb cache|22x Super Allwrite Duel layer DVD|550w Vantec Ion2 psu|Black Gigabyte Isolo 220 case|24" BENQ Wide screen|Vista home premium 32bit

The difference between the two versions of the RAM is all about heat dissipation. If you are planning to overclock your computer, or intend to run it under an extensive load over extended periods of time, you may want to opt for the TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (the one with the fancy heat sink and fan.) You may want to consider Newegg, the pricing is a little better.

TWIN2X4096-8500C5 at Newegg

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF at Newegg

As for a quad core CPU recommendation, without knowing what you are planning to use your computer for, I would suggest an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz. Good performance at a reasonable price.

The difference between the two versions of the RAM is all about heat dissipation. If you are planning to overclock your computer, or intend to run it under an extensive load over extended periods of time, you may want to opt for the TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (the one with the fancy heat sink and fan.) You may want to consider Newegg, the pricing is a little better.

TWIN2X4096-8500C5 at Newegg

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF at Newegg

As for a quad core CPU recommendation, without knowing what you are planning to use your computer for, I would suggest an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz. Good performance at a reasonable price.

more specifically if you're planning to overclock your RAM get the second one, it even comes with the $25 Corsair memory module fans IIRC, if it was an AMD build I would say go for the second one, AMD cpus can actually use the extra speed, while with the Intel chips you are usually FSB bound if you want to run a 1:1 ratio with your FSB/memory, a 400MHz FSB is perfect for the first set of RAM and won't run them that hot because they'll be running at stock speeds (800MHz)...

in other words, get the first set, they're all you need with that Intel setup and you won't notice any difference at all even if you overclock the RAM since your max motherboard FSB overclocked is 1600MHz, which would be pretty amazing to get considering it would be double the rated FSB for that chip...

Back
Top Bottom