Too many sections?

You see, you can't just make the forum with many topics unless you have those type of people for those topics.
Here at ComputerForums.org we have a very general but unique topic, which is obviously computers. Meaning we can have a woodworking section and some people talking in it.. But we are not going to get enough people in it to bother.

I do believe the forum needs just a little rearranging, mainly because if you notice a lot of people will restrict themselves to General topics.
I believe if we tweaked the topics just a bit the forum would get a more wide range of use in each topic.

Now being strictly a white hat computer forum we are cutting out a few topics of course. But I believe we could rearrange the topics into many "general" topics that are unique from each other. I believe this would be a much better 'fix' if you will to the ghost town topics.

RCforums is an example of a forum with many sections, but well organized. I think to reduce it's number of sections would be detrimental. Some forums are better off with more sections, some with less.

Hehe I'm part of that forum!
Perfect number of categories!

Back
Top Bottom