Earphones <$40

superman22x

Golden Master
What would you recommend for under $40? Would like to get a pair before college.

I was thinking Skull Candy Titans or Sony Premium Headphones.
For me, it seems only the smaller earphones fit well. I have the Zune premium headphones, and they fit OK, but fall out a decent amount, until they broke... I have been using my mom's sony headphones that came with her ericson phone, but I lost one of the foam earpiece things, and they are pink and white... so not too stylish for a guy.
Anyway, any recommendations?

I was going to say check out skullcandy, they normally are pretty good for the price.

I just bought the Skullcandy Titans 2-3 days ago. They are pretty nice, a little heavy on the bass for my taste.
The sound quality is the same as the Skullcandy Ink'd IMO if you were to take the bass out. I haven't really heard much music with it yet. The noise reduction is pretty good. I set the volume on 10 with my Zune and I can't hear anything near my surrounding, which I usually have to set it to 15 or higher with other earphones.
Seems like there was 2 different kinds of Titans, one with comply foam, and one with those plastic ones. I bought the comply foam, where your squish it, then plug it into your ear, and it will expand slowly. they are nice and comfy, and I think they are what made the noise reduction higher.
The quality looks great, I like how they wrapped the cord with another layer, and it comes with an carrying case where I can store my earphones with an pocket where I can store my buds in case I want to change or one fell out.
Will I buy it again? Maybe, but most likely.

I have skullcandy ink'd buds and they sound great for only 23$ They have 3 different sets of ear pads so they fit pretty much anyone

IDK, the small buds were a bit too big for me, one kept falling out in one of my ear.
If theres an Target nearby, you can get Ink'd for like $16+tax.

I know its 2.5x your budget...... but.......... http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/IE10.html best earphones I've EVER listened to. Single driver monitors. The thing about monitors is they are designed to have a very very very accurate response curve- basically a flat line. This means the sound you hear is what the engineer heard during mixing and you don't have to eq your mp3 player.

And they block out outside noise really really really well. I can't hear myself playing drums when I'm wearing them, I have to have myself put into the mix I hear.

But at least get comply tips: http://www.complyfoam.com/ REALLY comfortable.

Mine sit in their plastic case unless I'm playing drums. Maybe because I'm too poor to buy more so I want these to last.....

I know these are more than you want to spend on headphones, but I've had them for about three years now and they are awesome. The best audio I have ever heard has come from this baby. They're great for college too. Even though they aren't noise cancellation headphones, with your music on everything else melts away. It's perfect for getting away from your annoying roommate or concentrating at the library.

I like that comply, that seems like it will do the trick for me. Maybe the sony Premiums, and comply foam with them or something. My friend has sony's and they sound really good, but I have never heard skull candy.

Back
Top Bottom