Computer Specifications

don't forget to figure in $130 ish for an OS.
I don't know anything about servers but the OS for one may be more $$.

I don't think you are going to be able to get the "best of the best" with your current budget.... oh it will be a monster. but not absolute "top of the line"

but then even if you got the "top of the line" you would only be there for about a month:D

actually, the i7 extreme will set him back a grand

the 295 will set him back .5 k, even more top of the line is 2x295's

Water cooling is great. it makes me mad when people rag on it. you get much cooler temps with so much less air noise. If your final on doing the water cooling you should head over here www.bit-tech.net and they will get you the best bang for your buck on liquid cooling ;)

Would it be on permanently?

It will be on most of the time but not permanently. Maybe like I will turn it off once in every 2-3 weeks.

don't forget to figure in $130 ish for an OS.
I don't know anything about servers but the OS for one may be more $$.

I don't think you are going to be able to get the "best of the best" with your current budget.... oh it will be a monster. but not absolute "top of the line"

but then even if you got the "top of the line" you would only be there for about a month:D

I have already got Vista Ultimate 64 BIT. If I really have to get a Windows Server than it's not a big problem either because my brother can get one from his company and a genuine one too...

Water cooling is great. it makes me mad when people rag on it. you get much cooler temps with so much less air noise. If your final on doing the water cooling you should head over here www.bit-tech.net and they will get you the best bang for your buck on liquid cooling ;)

Finally, I have someone who likes Water Cooling.
Although, now I am a bit confused. I am not too good or never seen water cooling by myself. (Only in Videos).....

I mean if it's bad (other than money) ... then what are the disadvantages of it?
If there are not much disadvantages (other than the cost) then I might as well get a Water Cooling System ...

go to the forums on that site and check out the project logs. almost everyone on that site does watercooling ;) amazing work :)

just depends on what kinda Proc you have and what kinda of water cooling you get, depends on how well it works obviously,

and some people dont mind fan noise, i know i dont, to me it makes it sound more bad ass. A really good HSF would be able to keep up with a water kit.

but if thats what you want to do, go ahead, its really just personal opinion.

imo, the thing about watercooling is this:

you can get a good heatsink and fan that will air cool your machine good enough at a quarter of the cost, but we are talking cooling, so yeah, a few degrees here and there is actually huge to some people, especially since the difference between the top thermal pastes and the good thermal pastes are just a few degrees as well...

I just don't like the idea of someone who has never watercooled before jumping in and doing it on their first build, I mean seriously, A LOT of $$ is at stake and imo someone should be a pretty seasoned "computerer" (<---my new word :D ) to take that chance, yeah you can get information on it, but it's just like studying vs actual lab work, hands on is a whole different beast than reading up on something, and besides just the risk of human error, a part may fail...

unless you can afford (buying all new parts) for something to go wrong I wouldn't try it, I certainly couldn't afford to replace all my parts if I had a leak and fugged up my system, but it is a personal choice, so it's really up to the individual...

Back
Top Bottom