Coolmaster Fan Problem

wee2john

Baseband Member
When I try to attach a coolmaster blue LED 120mm fan to my Viper case from xcase.co.uk the screws do not go through the holes on the fan

You will have to manually thread the fan. Use a bit of pressure and see if that works.

Are you using the included screws? If they don't come with a nut, then they are self-tapping screws. Like Rohan said, you'll have to apply some force to screw it in.

Take one of the screws that came with the fan and tap all the holes with it before you install the fan.....just run the screw down and back out in all the holes. It makes it a lot easier when you are installing the fan in the case. Sometimes it's hard to hold the fan to the case and apply pressure to get the holes tapped. Just make sure you put the screw in straight.

i got it sorted just scrrewed them in creating a new thread. Another problem though is the top fan. The book for my viper case says the top space has room for either a 120mm or 140mm fan and I have a 120mm however the holes to screw the fan in are for a 140mm fan with no others any help????

i got it sorted just scrrewed them in creating a new thread. Another problem though is the top fan. The book for my viper case says the top space has room for either a 120mm or 140mm fan and I have a 120mm however the holes to screw the fan in are for a 140mm fan with no others any help????
Did it come with an adapter?

Back
Top Bottom