Computer Specifications

KevinG1

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build a extreme gaming pc / Server PC.. (both in one)..

Ok.. here it is.. Please let me know if I am missing anything..

CPU
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
PSU
Case
HDD
Disk Drive / Burner

Is this all I need...? Do I need anything else? I am going to search and buy some parts... and assemble it myself.
I am looking to build a liquid system a.k.a Water Cooling System not a normal PC.

Please give me your suggestions and tell me what else I need to make it better.

My budget is about $1000-$1500. <-- This should have ALL the BEST parts. Includes everything. :) I mean If I can get everything in less than the budget lol that would be AWESOME.. hehe

Anyway, waiting for your suggestions and see how I can really improve it.. :)

Gaming PC/Server... Hmm. I wouldnt really reccomend that (allthough it depends on what you'd be using the server for), since most of the time, the two are entirley different beasts.

What would you be serving?

Water cooling is a personal decision, but ill agree with sniper viper on that one.

And just to point out. You are missing the MOST important thing of all for any extreme gaming computer....the GPU

also if you are not doing water cooling, you might consider investing in an aftermarket heatsink

and if you do that you wanna buy some thermal paste

also, are you planning on this computer being more for gaming or server...ing

b/c i think there is a difference in power supplies....or something im not exactly sure.

Ok... but why is Water Cooling System not good? I mean why would you not recommend it?

I am actually planning gaming and server both...Anyway, I can have both? Because I will get a really good cpu and a really awesome graphics card as well as a motherboard etc...

I need it for server side just because I need to do few testings and this can only happen through a server. Not only this... I am doing a small server course and it will help me a lot if I just do my normal practices at home on that server...

i dont think its good because its a waste of money, a decent liquid cooling system is around 200 bucks anymore, and just for half that u can get the same performance out of air cooling, and less chance of leaking, obviously lol.

IMO water cooling is just for looks.

Ok.. and just one more thing..
My Desktops motherboard is crashed..Do you reckon it's better to get as new motherboard or just build a new PC? I am not sure if my old desktop's CPU is working or not but yes definitely the motherboard is dead... :(

Ok... but why is Water Cooling System not good? I mean why would you not recommend it?

I am actually planning gaming and server both...Anyway, I can have both? Because I will get a really good cpu and a really awesome graphics card as well as a motherboard etc...

I need it for server side just because I need to do few testings and this can only happen through a server. Not only this... I am doing a small server course and it will help me a lot if I just do my normal practices at home on that server...
Would it be on permanently?

Back
Top Bottom