Forgive me if this has been suggested before but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winslow33

Daemon Poster
You know how can edit your own posts after you have posted them with the click of a button? But yet, sometimes people make posts or entire threads that they would wish to delete, yet they cant delete thier own post. A mod has to do that. Wouldn't it be a good idea if we had the option to not only edit, but also a delete button?

Bad idea. What if the OP decides after having many people reply that he no longer needs the thread. Poof! There goes everybody's replies and posted information. It would more than likely cause more problems then it would solve.

Hmmm, what if they posted something and no one responded to it, so they wanted it gone. Set a reply limit where you can't delete anything with 10 post or so.

That could work maybe. Maybe only people with a certain amount of posts so that noobs dont go foolin around with their own threads

Bad idea. What if the OP decides after having many people reply that he no longer needs the thread. Poof! There goes everybody's replies and posted information. It would more than likely cause more problems then it would solve.

perhaps only allow a thread or post to be deleted as long as there are no replies or post after it?

An example of where this might come in handy is this: I was just writing a responce to a post in General Hardware. I posted at the same time as another member and my post came second, so I no longer need it to be there because they said basically what I was trying to get across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom