Distributed computer, CF teams.

Nice :) this is pretty cool actually. maybe when i get a new build my old one will just Fold :) its smart how they found a way for other peoples computers to help with cancer. thats crazy

Yea, Cancer is just one of the things it helps research. Though, do mind that if you are concerned with your power use, maxing out your processors will consume power.

Damn, I wish I thought about the names I gave my computers before i started folding. I changed my VPS from j03_VPS to j03, thinking that it would just CHANGE my username, and not start a new one... I've got two accounts, each with one WU done now :(

SWEET! ha is it possible to have the CPU and GPU client work on the same "WU" to go through them faster?

Nope, they each have different types of work unit, from what I gather.

Oohhh... My VPS seems to be doing pretty well. I'm the highest ranked user who has turned in just one WU.

Are nVidia cards better at folding than ATi Cards? I heard that nVidia's programming interface thingie was easier to use than ATi's...

Two WU's, 2840 points - not bad! I'm going to start folding on my phenom now... Wish me luck with getting the Multi-core client working!

@ j03: I heard that Nvidia had been doing this kind of thing with their cards for a while using Cuda, but ATi has jumped into the market recently as well. I couldn't tell you which was better at it though...if I were to guess I'd say Nvidia because A) I think they make better cards and B) they have been in the market longer.

Back
Top Bottom