USB Cable question

If you somehow (though I still don't know how) forced it into the PC the wrong way around then you may well have damaged it and it might be better to get a new cable - but then again you may also have damaged the USB socket you plugged it into, I would've thought you'd need a fair amount of force to get that in the wrong way.

I'd have a look at the cable and inspect it for damage. If it's bent or looks broken at all where it's been forced, might be a wise idea to get a new one.

If you somehow (though I still don't know how) forced it into the PC the wrong way around then you may well have damaged it and it might be better to get a new cable - but then again you may also have damaged the USB socket you plugged it into, I would've thought you'd need a fair amount of force to get that in the wrong way.

I'd have a look at the cable and inspect it for damage. If it's bent or looks broken at all where it's been forced, might be a wise idea to get a new one.

The end that may of been forced looks a little bent but I could fit thr flash drive in without issue. So knowing that, would you still get a new cable? It only costa $2.50.

Well it's hard to say for definite without seeing it, but given that fact and the fact they don't cost much and don't really go to waste I'd be tempted to say yup, get a new one (and don't force it this time!) ;)

Ok, thx Berry and others you helped.

Guys, I forgot to ask, is there any difference between the pics in post 6 or are they the same? plz let me know.

thx

No, there the same connections :)

By the way, you say your thumb drive is screwed up? might be fixable depending whats wrong with it... PM me if you'r interesting in giving a shot at repairing it. Ive managed to get quite a few "unrepairable" ones working again.

No, there the same connections :)

By the way, you say your thumb drive is screwed up? might be fixable depending whats wrong with it... PM me if you'r interesting in giving a shot at repairing it. Ive managed to get quite a few "unrepairable" ones working again.

Thx for the offer but Kingston is replacing it for nothing and I already mailed it to them. I appreciate your offer.

Kingston is replacing it for nothing.

wow. Kingston actually standing up to there end of the warranty? :eek: After my last dealing with them, im shocked, lol :rolleyes:

I bought a 4GB drive off them last year it think it was. It randomly decides to stop working. So I call them, they say to send it along. Two weeks went by, got a box in the mail. Inside was my same flashdrive and a letter telling me that I tampered with it, so the warranty was made null and void. I did nothing of the sort....... Unless you call plugging it into a computer once "tampering",

So I was left by myself to fix it. :p

wow. Kingston actually standing up to there end of the warranty? :eek: After my last dealing with them, im shocked, lol :rolleyes:

I bought a 4GB drive off them last year it think it was. It randomly decides to stop working. So I call them, they say to send it along. Two weeks went by, got a box in the mail. Inside was my same flashdrive and a letter telling me that I tampered with it, so the warranty was made null and void. I did nothing of the sort....... Unless you call plugging it into a computer once "tampering",

So I was left by myself to fix it. :p

How did you end up fixing it may I ask plz?

It wouldnt let me do a normal reformat by right-clicking the drive in my computer and hitting format so I did this:
-had to right click on my computer and hit "manage"
-click "disk management"
-right clicked the drive and hit format.

Worked ok after that.

My original error was the flash drive write protected so I called kingston and they told me it was probably hosed. Do you think if I tried what you said it would of worked?

Back
Top Bottom