Flash drive issue

Celticsfan

Banned
I have a kingston datatraveler flash drive that slides in and out. I am trying to format it but2 pc's wont let me to. I am wondering if it is somehow write protected and I am unsure how to tell.

Can someone plz help me out with this.

thx

Hmm, I've got a few of these flash drives and I wasn't aware there was any switch to make them write protected (unless something's been added more recently that I'm not aware of.)

Do you just want to get rid of all the data or are you trying to format because the drive's been corrupted / you can't access it's contents? If it's the latter scenario I'm afraid it sounds like it may have just had it, I've never had any problems with those drives personally but all things break after a while and I've seen a number of other flash drives go in this way.

Hmm, I've got a few of these flash drives and I wasn't aware there was any switch to make them write protected (unless something's been added more recently that I'm not aware of.)

Do you just want to get rid of all the data or are you trying to format because the drive's been corrupted / you can't access it's contents? If it's the latter scenario I'm afraid it sounds like it may have just had it, I've never had any problems with those drives personally but all things break after a while and I've seen a number of other flash drives go in this way.

yes, I think it shit the bed and kingston is replacing it for me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom