What are these missing components on a Dell Inspiron 1720???

anthonyaudi

Solid State Member
I have a question I have 3 components that are not present on my 1720
Where my Wireless card is I have 2 empty slots

I have one that says
WPAN FCM
and
WWAN FCM

what are those??
Finally
on the top piece of the laptop where it says inspiron 1720 (the first piece of plastic under the monitor right on top of the keyboard) on the right hand side there is a connector and a little slot where something can fit in. It is not marked or anything what is that?

Some brief research leads me to believe that they are extra wireless slots. You can buy cards to install in them, like bluetooth or perhaps a Wireless N card. FCM=Flash Card Module (I think).

As for the other slot by the keyboard, I'm not sure. Is there anything there on the top piece that was removed to take that pic? Like maybe volume controls or movie player controls? Or if there's not on your model, it could be for a slightly different model that uses the same base setup, but get some quick keys put in there.

They are going to be the cards you plug in to get bluetooth on your laptop. It is the spot to plug in the modules. Your wireless "card" is a FCM Module.

im trying to find a wireless N card for one of these slots in a dell inspiron 1721, have contacted dell but no reply. Slots are exact same as pictures previously posted.
Can anyone help in anyway please?

The slots in the pictures were relevent to the question, if you dont want people asking for advice using the resources already posted then just delete the old threads or close them

Back
Top Bottom