Watch out 955ers!!

Anyone else notice that the 955 is only $10 more then the 940?!!
Think it is cause of this.

yeah they dropped the price last week I believe and the 955 sold out. Im sure you can expect a drop in the 940 to be coming pretty soon as well. But they may leave it the way it is for a while to get people into the new AM3 socket as soon as possible. :D:D

yeah they dropped the price last week I believe and the 955 sold out. Im sure you can expect a drop in the 940 to be coming pretty soon as well. But they may leave it the way it is for a while to get people into the new AM3 socket as soon as possible. :D:D

Yeah the 940 went out of stock for like a day, so I don't know what's going on. I hope they drop prices so I can get the 940, if they don't I'd rather spend $10 more for the 955.

This has been in the news for a while. I don't understand why they needed to increase the Vcore so much. Someone at XS got one, dropped the Vcore to the 955's level and it consumes only 8W more and would easily fit under the 125W TDP. What I'm really interested in is the Propus X4s which are due soon. They are basically PII dies with no L3 cache and more L2 cache. They are apparently very small, only ~100mm2, so they should produce very little heat and overclock like crazy.

And BTW, did anyone hear about the AMD Phenom II TWKR a few weeks back? I didn't post a thread as I doubted many people would be interested. It would really only appeal to pro overclockers.
There were only around 100 ever made, and they were awarded to the best overclockers in the world. Apparently as a gift from AMD (more like a publicity stunt :p)
It was basically just a cherry picked, very leaky PII with very high voltage tolerance levels. I'm sure it has set a few WRs.

Yeah I just saw that as well. I was kinda disappointed but than I thought for a quick second. LOLz Its really not too big of a difference and OH man 140w CPU. :D:D

I may end up getting it sometime in the near future tho just to check it out. :D

I was wondering why they dropped the price of the 955 recently. I think that I need a new motherboard first before I get all that awesomeness. I really got my eye on the MSI 790FX board. :D

/flex

See Sig ;)

Back
Top Bottom