Fan Size Problem

The Quantum Force Support Site for Black Ops is at Xtreme Systems Forums (LINK)

There is a wealth of information there to read and if you have any further questions sign up and ask, we'll try and help all we can.

You really don't need 8GB of memory unless you're commercially into video decoding, I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 on 2*2GB modules and have yet to find anything that it can't handle, you might save yourself some money (and grief) by sticking to 2*2GB modules imo.

If you need any specific info right now ask away as it'll be a day or two before I swap my Black Ops for my new Rampage Extreme.

If you're not planning on overclocking, your really wont need to mess with the BIOS. It should automatically configure everything upon the first boot. The motherboard manual will show you how to enter the BIOS and how to adjust the available settings.
The bios will default his memory to 1333MHz not the 1600MHz it is rated for, he will need to adjust both FSB and Multi to get his rated 1600MHz (400MHz FSB using the 1:4 strap with a 7.5 multi) and will probably need to raise his NB voltage from default in order to run 4*2GB memory modules.

Also the bios is a little quirky as are the DIMM slots, DIMMs 3&4 won't oc over ~470MHz whereas DIMMs 1&2 will go to 570MHz+ though this is immaterial as he states he won't be overclocking.

Another thing is the memory dividers 1:3 and 1:3.2 don't work correctly with certain high MHz FSB settings but once again the point is moot as he won't be overclocking.

Bios' have different quirks too as this is essentially an overclockers board and not all bios' were created equal, the beta "G" are sometimes better than the latter "P" when it comes to certain things.

EDIT: A last hurrah of sorts

425ghz.jpg

If I manage to stay sober long enough I'll post you a 4.5GHz screenie

/me pokes Seti in the eye, you really wouldn't have a clue how to overclock would you?

Back
Top Bottom