Help dont know what career would be good for me (somthing in computers)

Delux

In Runtime
Hey guys, havent been on in like 4-6 months lol, been really studying had to pass highschool and finally did, :D YAY!

well recently ive been getting nagged to get a job but dont really know what i want to do :(

i really want to get a job in the computer field but dont know what jobs are there.

i really enjoying fixing problems with computers (is the hardware faulty, maybe somthings wrong with the software) and rebuilding them, is there anything like that out there?

thanks for any help :)

Don't work at a retail store like Best Buy or anything like that... Not good for the future. Maybe get a job at a local network place or something?

Don't work at a retail store like Best Buy or anything like that... Not good for the future. Maybe get a job at a local network place or something?

yeh thats what im looking more into, i dont really want a commercial place, i want somewhere, i can advance and more career oppurtunitys

Maybe get a job at a local high school or something fixing computers? Wouldn't be too bad.

See if you can find a locally owned computer store. That's were I started. Then you can use them as a springboard into your next job. See if you can find a place that services both homes and businesses, that way you can get experience in the business world.

I think that what you do will really depend on where you want to go.

getting a retail job fixing computers in a shop selling computers would suck, but they do take people with very little experience, and you'll gain work experience by doing this.

if you don't want to go that route then you could start looking at companies and seeing if you can get a job on a help desk or as a computer/server administrator of a small company.
but you'll probably find that straight out of high school, (i.e high school education only), with no experience trying to persuade anyone to give you a job would be hard work.

you could try taking some vendor exams and get Microsoft certified or something, these cost about £100 per exam, and you usually take 2 or 3 to get the certification.

Back
Top Bottom