recommend good online courses for SQL, data controls?

BobLewiston

In Runtime
Can anybody recommend good online courses for SQL and/or data controls? (I guess I should master the regular data controls before going on to Silverlight, right?)

W3C schools has a comprehensive online SQL tutorial you can work through, and being from W3C schools it's a reliable, reputable source which is always a good thing :)

Be careful when just searching around - I've found a number of tutorials in the past on SQL and PHP that have looked ok on the face of them but are in fact teaching you rather bad practices at best and things that just don't work at worst! There are of course tutorials on all sorts that are like this, but I'm guessing due to how easy it is to get started there seems to be a lot of bad web tutorials around (HTML, javascript, PHP etc.)

Of course there's plenty of good ones as well, just be careful and don't take whatever you see as gospel :)

I would recommend that you have a look at this too. It should show you all of the basics that you need and then has information on anything that you will need.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom