Random Chit Chat

Hmmm, when I need help from friends and family, most of the time they aren't actually there for me.

I wouldn't go with white, you aren't a hospital. I'd go with something darn near white though. Light colors are good. Looking Professional is always a good way to get business.

White is alright. If I see flashy colors or cheesy graphics, I'll immediately throw your business card away after receiving it. It's a business card, not a freaking fun card.

White is alright. If I see flashy colors or cheesy graphics, I'll immediately throw your business card away after receiving it. It's a business card, not a freaking fun card.

+1 to you man. That's the point I was trying to get across. I think like an off-white/beige-ish background is fine, but anything more than that is kind of overkill and not professional.

I mean, what if I need to show your business card to a colleague? They'll think I'm a joke if your card is a joke. There are tasteful ways to make your card standout.

Do
  • add your job title
  • mention your website
  • include your email address
  • include your work phone number
  • include the company name or logo
  • include your work address
  • make the card readable
Don't
  • add flashy graphics
  • use loud backgrounds
  • apply stickers (including scented ones)
  • leave out important details
  • try to make it bigger than the competition
  • use @yahoo.com/@gmail.com/@hotmail.com email addresses. Extremely unprofessional.
I'm not going to rule out colors completely, but you're going to need to be tasteful about it. If you know what color combinations work, then try at it. If you don't - stay away. It also largely depends at who you're targeting, so keep that in mind.

01001010: Is this a direct reply to my business card? If so, I dont think i've done anything within the DON'T catagory...

Also, What IS my job title? I'm just helping people out with their websites and computers.

I Pretty much do the same thing as you J03,look at me website for some ideas....

www.lukespcsolutions.info

On Another note,i love it when large companies have a sense of humour,firefox just crashed on me....

Capture-7.png

On Another note,i love it when large companies have a sense of humour,firefox just crashed on me....

Capture-7.png

Hahahah! That's awesome. Although, I don't think they added that until they saw Google implementing some humor on their own web browser. Watch out for Microsoft. They should be trying to sneak that in also.

Back
Top Bottom