Need some help..........

notaclue1

Beta member
First things first forgive my ignorance. Im thinking about buying a dell laptop but have a few questions. All of the new laptops I have seen have windows vista. Im trying to find one with windows xp. Now I know on dells site you can get one with xp and it is vista ready but you have to pay like an extra 125 buck which I dont want to do. The reason I want xp is because I dont think the software for my digital camera is vista compatible. It list xp and xp pro and a couplw others. If it will still work please let me know. If none of this make sense just tell me and I will try to explain more. Also all I want to be able to do is download pics, get online and burn cds. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

98 percent chance their will be compatibility. But if you do still need/want XP you can install that as well and then just pick whichever one you want to boot.

Plus, if you dual boot you need to decide how much space you want to allotocate to each operating system. Personally I'd allow more space for the OS I use the most.

I dont know the exact cost of the Win XP CD is but, you can install it youself for free as long as you have the PC.

Vista should be just fine. They have most of the bugs worked out. The reason your software doesn't show Vista is because Vista wasn't out yet when the software was made. If the software doesn't work they might have an update online that is Vista compatible.

Back
Top Bottom