Xbox 360 Network Question

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have an xbox 360 I want to hook up to the internet, but my xbox is far from the router (no I do not want to spend the 80 to get the wireless, cant afford it).

Is there someway to use the wireless connection on my computer (next to the xbox) and plug an Ethernet cable into the computer and use the wireless from the computer to tether it to the xbox?

Thanks a lot

Not really sure what you are asking but if you want to connect to the xbox by cable from your router you plug an ethernet cable from the back of the router into the back of the xbox. If you want to go wireless you need to have the xbox 360 wireless adapter to connect.

What he wants to do is get the internet off his PC using it as the wireless router

I think just going from your PC to the 360 will work even if the PC is wireless, i think my one buddy of mine does this using his laptop.

i dont think he can do that. On my mobo i have 2 ethernet slots so maybe i could do it but i think if you dont have that you would be better off just buying an ethernet cable off the internet for cheap. and those wireless things for the xbox are 100 bucks so i dont blame you

That is what I am looking for, so it is not possible.
Ok, can I use a second wireless router to pick up the signal of the 1st one, plug in the Ethernet to that and use it?

Yes some routers are capable of picking up another signal like an Access Point. However you'll spend about $100 getting one that will do that so you'd be better off just getting the wireless adapter for the XBox at that point.

Back
Top Bottom