Fan Size Problem

wee2john

Baseband Member
Ok so the xcase viper case says there is space for:

Left : 80 mm with chassis air guide
Right : 80x15 or 80 x 20 mm MB rear fan

Well What does the chassis air guide mean and where can i find a 80x15 or 80x20mm MB (what does that mean) rear fan??

thanks but where can i get a chassis air guide fan and a 80x80x15mm fan and what does MB mean

Ok so the xcase viper case says there is space for:

Left : 80 mm with chassis air guide
Right : 80x15 or 80 x 20 mm MB rear fan

Well What does the chassis air guide mean and where can i find a 80x15 or 80x20mm MB (what does that mean) rear fan??
As posted above, it's just a plastic tube that directs the air from the side intake fan onto the cpu cooler, local pc shop maybe if you're really interested as they're not "absolutely necessary"

What are you using for a CPU cooler?

thanks but where can i get a chassis air guide fan and a 80x80x15mm fan and what does MB mean
MB? Your guess is as good as mine, just get an 80mm fan that moves the most CFM (cubic feet per minute) at the lowest dBA (sound output level)

Which bios are you running on your Black Ops?

Which Corsair modules?

Overclocking your E8500 at all?

iirc the zalman comes with a tube of Zalman thermal paste, it's probably not the best product available but should be more than adequate if you're not overclocking

BIOS - Basic Input Output System, the screen where you set all your voltages, memory timings etc when first booting a computer.

Are you going to use one or two kits of memory? If it is one kit the memory should be OK, I'm running 2*2GB 1600MHz with no problems. If it is two kits you may encounter problems as it places a large load on the Northbridge. You'll have to set the speed (1600MHz) manually in the bios as it will default to 1333MHz. I suggest you use the white DIMM slots too btw

Which operating System are you going to run?

You shouldn't get hung up on what "MB" stands for as none of seem to have any idea. Just about any 80x80x15mm or 80x80x20mm fan will work. You can get them wherever you purchased your computer parts from.

ok thanks 4 the advice but i was planning on running 2 kits with a 64 bit vista - this may sound like a huge request but could someone give me a bios walkthrough cause it's my first ever custom build

If you're not planning on overclocking, your really wont need to mess with the BIOS. It should automatically configure everything upon the first boot. The motherboard manual will show you how to enter the BIOS and how to adjust the available settings.

Check your private messages. :D

Back
Top Bottom