Random Chit Chat

Is it a genuine copy?

That sucks :(. I am making business cards at the moment, since I get quite a lot of people asking for website advice and computer help...

What do you reccon?

I think it's okay. I've always been a firm believer in not having a lot of graphical things going on, otherwise people tend to look at your card as a novelty. Give em the basics, and that's plenty. For instance, I think the text in the bottom left can be downsized and reduced...It shouldn't be that big. Again, this is all my opinion, but from my angle, it doesn't look as professional as it potentially could. Keep it sweet and simple! Also, I would do a white background instead. That's going to use a sh**load of ink...unless you're not printing them...but...even if you aren't, I'd still do a white background with an accent or something. See the thing is, pictures are worth a thousand words, so if you can get a computer on there, you wouldn't need as much of that bottom left text, and you wouldn't need the background as fancy..since the computer would draw the attention.

BTW - This is speaking from experience, and the fact that I'm redoing my business cards as well. I'm getting tax stuff organized for when I go off to college so I don't spend a week on it on xmas break. So I'm getting everything updated and whatnot.

I wouldn't go with white, you aren't a hospital. I'd go with something darn near white though. Light colors are good. Looking Professional is always a good way to get business.

If anyone was on the hunt for a full tower, NewEggs got a smokin' deal $70 off of the ABS Black Pearl with this code: EMCLWMM59

I almost ordered it instantly, but then thought twice since I'd need all new SATA cables and all that crap and the fact that I just almost finished project Blacksmith would have pissed me off. Plus, I don't want to lug a full tower around at college and all that. But anyways...thought I'd post it up.

I'm going to print off about 100 from home, and then I will have some made for me... and the amount of ink you use doesnt change the price, so that's not my PRIMARY concern.

I agree about the font size, I originally made it smaller than that, and that is a bit big - I will get it somewhere in the middle.

Do you think it's worth getting double sided cards?

I'm going to print off about 100 from home, and then I will have some made for me... and the amount of ink you use doesnt change the price, so that's not my PRIMARY concern.

I agree about the font size, I originally made it smaller than that, and that is a bit big - I will get it somewhere in the middle.

Do you think it's worth getting double sided cards?

It depends. Some people like to write on the back, others that don't--you can take advantage of more info. My old ones were double-sided and printed from home, but my new ones will *probably* be one sided. I have yet to put everything on them..I'm still getting the slick design done. Should I PM you with mine when I finish? Just so you have a reference?

Also, I've added you on MSN. Not just so that we can discuss the ins and out's of business cards... but for the heck of it.

Sounds good. I'll be on in a few...just finishing up something on this computer before I move back to my main one.

Back
Top Bottom