Worthy upgrade?

lol i cant believe they made a single core am3 *laughs ass off*

I don't think it's planned as a single core as much as they plan for single cores. I'm not absolutely positive but I think as they produce quad cores, and test the yield, they end up with some with one or two or three working cores. So why not sell off the one, two, or three core processors as long as the cores work? That way production is more profitable and you can offer a less expensive processor.

NVM GREENDAY WOKE ME UP
21st century breakdown ftw!

I don't think it's planned as a single core as much as they plan for single cores. I'm not absolutely positive but I think as they produce quad cores, and test the yield, they end up with some with one or two or three working cores. So why not sell off the one, two, or three core processors as long as the cores work? That way production is more profitable and you can offer a less expensive processor.

that's the thing with the 720s and 710s LOL some people get the 4th core working no prob XD k brb

that's the thing with the 720s and 710s LOL some people get the 4th core working no prob XD k brb

Yes but the manufacturer provides a warranty, so there is a reliablity factor. Just because they can get them working, doesn't mean they will work reliably. Of course, if I had one, i'd try to get the other core/cores working...nothing to loose from a users prospective.

I have that board, and that processor! They are kickass. If you have any questions, just ask (I've not done THAT much overclocking, since I'm on stock cooler ATM)

Back
Top Bottom