Laptop Upgrade

wee2john

Baseband Member
So I have a Toshiba Satellite A30 and it is £$%^. It takes about 15 minutes to load to desktop and everything is very slow running - I even get a message saying virtual memory is too low. Also the computer overheats if you do not have it resting on a book so the fans can blow. I need an upgrade bad but cannot afford a new laptop - so any advice

First advice would be to back up the files you need, wipe the thing then reinstall windows (or from a recovery CD if you haven't got the windows CD.) Chances are the slowdowns are from rubbish accumulating over time and a complete reformat will give you a squeaky new system that's a lot faster.

With the overheating issue, you might want to have a go at taking the thing apart and blowing as much of the dust out as you can with a can of compressed air - some are easier to take apart than others but it won't cost you anything and could well get your laptop back to a good state again :)

ahh cool but unfornately its my dads and he thinks he knows what he is doing and wont let me do any of that

Back
Top Bottom