Random Chit Chat

Not directed at me, but I'd like to touch upon this point. I think David is really making the effort to improve this place and I respect him for that. What were saying is that this place needs a major shift toward more computer content as after all it is a computer forums. We have a random Processor forum...what about the other components? They're equally important. Then the new OverClocking forum was hidden in the dungeon of the Processor forum! OverClocking isn't just about the processor! What about motherboard, RAM, video card?! Here are some of the things this place needs:

Update on Rep: Check
More dedication to computers:
A complete makeover of the forum layout (by layout I mean the forums we have, get rid of some, add others):

I'm on board with this 100%. This is what I mean. I mean, at least that'd be a start. We can work on aesthetics anytime...but the content needs to be more specific. I mean, we don't need a section that has 40k threads...just to have one that has that many. That's why it could be broken down and people who like/are good with the specific categories can frequent them.

Yet dude_56013's finding that the older members are harder to implement change to this forum stands...

Yet dude_56013's finding that the older members are harder to implement change to this forum stands...

Pretty much. I'd love a valid point from someone other than "dude_56013 is just whining/bit**ing/etc" as to why change is sooooo bad.

Edit - And I'd also like people to not put words in David's mouth/mind (I'm not saying anyone directly is). But you can't just say "maybe David doesn't like 'this' or 'that'"...let him say it himself. If he feels that way (one way or another) then he can make it known.

I know he's probably busy, as we all can be...but as forum admin, I do find it a duty to keep up with what the majority of members want/look for (and he DID do a wonderful job with the last 2 changes implemented here) and to keep the site on a comparable level to other great computer forums out there.

Yea, but their opinions do matter don't they?

To a certain extent but if David doesn't want to change something he won't. You obviously weren't here during the boycott episode. If you were you would know why I keep arguing this point.

Pretty much. I'd love a valid point from someone other than "dude_56013 is just whining/bit**ing/etc" as to why change is sooooo bad.
Again..you keep asking/telling/whining to everybody EXCEPT the person who can change it.

You still don't get it do you. NO I repeat NO member or mod can change anything. New or old.

Wish I could rep ya!

All these changes rely on David and solely him. The best we can do is gather as many members (who want the change) as possible and show David that this is the best thing for the forums. I mean..it's his forum and he can leave it the way he likes it. But since he isn't on 24/7, I don't think it would really make a difference if we have more sections or not. He has mods whose jobs are to keep things under control. Unless this affects the cost for the server, there shouldn't be a reason not to improve it. However, I think things don't get changed because there are members who don't want to change it. This causes a divide in the forum and because of that David doesn't change things.

@Lowndsey: We say these things here because if we get David to consider the changes, he will ask members to make sure everyone agrees. I mean...he is a considerate guy...he wouldn't just do whatever the hell he wanted without at least warning others. And, if we can't get members to agree with this, David won't change things. Ideally, these ideas need to simultaneously appeal to David and the fellow members.

Can someone answer my question?

They're not.

Back
Top Bottom