Random Chit Chat

It's not about aesthetics. It's about content. We don't have the content other computer forums have. We are not as dedicated to computers as other forums are. You can clearly see that because our most popular forum is called "Social Lounge"

Yeah. That's kind of what I mean by being "old" and "1995" (when people would associate half of the stuff on the home page here as hardcore "computer" stuff). Now we need better categories. There's just so much random crap on there that could be other categories that would be better utilized.

From what I keep seeing, it keeps being the older members (and a lot of the times most of the mods) who are denying/hating all of the new ideas around here...and I suppose that would make sense to them...but if I was a new member, I wouldn't be here. I'm actually kind of lucky I stuck with it.

The point is, if you try a new idea and it fails...whoop-dee-do. So you set it back how it was and no harm done. But if you never make an effort at change...what's that saying for you?

You can't expect to pick fruits from a plant that you haven't planted can you?

We must be definitely on the same page if you posted that at the same time as I posted the above.

Happy, contributing members = wonderful site. Unhappy members = unhappy, drama-filled site. No members = no site.

I'd say that lately with everyone expressing how they truly feel about things, we are at that middle point there. Far from either one of the ends.

Just remember...there are no locks on the doors...

I've written new forum layouts for this place a couple times. They all get rejected. I mean...I like this place, I want it to become better, but if other people aren't willing to work with me it gets kind of hard.

You know some people like this place and want to improve it. If my stay was solely based on the computer content here I would be out of this place.

I've written new forum layouts for this place a couple times. They all get rejected. I mean...I like this place, I want it to become better, but if other people aren't willing to work with me it gets kind of hard.

Same here. It seems like ever since I can remember, all of the "oldies" here (not age wise, mind you) are hardcore against change. I don't get it.

From what I keep seeing, it keeps being the older members (and a lot of the times most of the mods) who are denying/hating all of the new ideas around here...and I suppose that would make sense to them...but if I was a new member, I wouldn't be here. I'm actually kind of lucky I stuck with it.

The last two major ideas (new reputation bars, new overclocking subforum) were implemented? How is that not change?

.but if I was a new member, I wouldn't be here. I'm actually kind of lucky I stuck with it.

Why are you here? You spend every spare moment here sooking and crying about how much you hate the place and how shit it is. If it is so bad why don't you go to one of these millions of so called better forums. I really don't get you. I am starting to thing you just like whining.

But why won't David let us change the layout/theme?

Maybe if he changes to a Linux based server, we can broaden our horizons

Why are you here? You spend every spare moment here sooking and crying about how much you hate the place and how shit it is. If it is so bad why don't you go to one of these millions of so called better forums. I really don't get you. I am starting to thing you just like whining.
You know some people like this place and want to improve it. If my stay was solely based on the computer content here I would be out of this place.

That's why I've stayed. There is a handful of people here I've made a connection with that I feel are worth it to stay here.

The last two major ideas (new reputation bars, new overclocking subforum) were implemented? How is that not change?

I wouldn't call those major ideas. I'd call that minor forum maintenance.

Wait. I take that back. For this site, that probably was major change.

Not directed at me, but I'd like to touch upon this point. I think David is really making the effort to improve this place and I respect him for that. What were saying is that this place needs a major shift toward more computer content as after all it is a computer forums. We have a random Processor forum...what about the other components? They're equally important. Then the new OverClocking forum was hidden in the dungeon of the Processor forum! OverClocking isn't just about the processor! What about motherboard, RAM, video card?! Here are some of the things this place needs:

Update on Rep: Check
More dedication to computers:
A complete makeover of the forum layout (by layout I mean the forums we have, get rid of some, add others):

Back
Top Bottom