Gaming-Your FPS(frames per second) standard?

Depends on the game. I usually keep it around 60FPS, but if I see no difference between 60 and 30 on the game, then I just try and keep it above 30FPS.

ya just waiting for some games to come out, Modern Warfare 2 looks really good so cant wait to play that, aswell as DiRT 2.

Yeah, really hoping MW2 turns out to be good.

Depends on the game. I usually keep it around 60FPS, but if I see no difference between 60 and 30 on the game, then I just try and keep it above 30FPS.

Another thing that makes a difference is if it's a consistent 30 FPS. When you're below the refresh rate of your monitor, you can see the fluctuations in FPS on the screen. When you're above the refresh rate, FPS fluctuations don't make a difference.

Cabb's is correct.
If a game is for example locked at 30fps, you won't tell that much of a difference between that and a 60fps game, if the FPS stays at 30 and doesn't go above or below.
Throw in the standard flunctuations, because of heavy gameplay, and such, or times where it suddenly speeds up because nothing is going on, and you're going to notice the frame difference a lot more.

Well the games I play, they usually stay about the near the same FPS. Like for example, the game I try to keep above 30FPS. I max out the game, and if it runs at 40FPS, and I didn't notice a difference between 40FPS and 60FPS (lower settings), then I just keep it at 40FPS, and it usually stays around that range. So the FPS doesn't go out of place.

I like eye candy a lot... So I can deal with 25FPS, but I like it when it's 60FPS, haha.
Does anyone else get bugged by a CRT monitor at only 60hz refresh rate? It looks like it's flickering when it's like that to me.

I can deal with 20 fps, but when it gets down to 10-15 i can't stand it.

I can play Fall Out 3 Maxed with 60 fps and i am like WOAH

I cant say what the standard FPS for me is but warhead runs at like 30-60FPS for me on max settings @ 1440x900 res
| MOBO: EVGA 790i Ultra | GPU: EVGA GTX 295 W/Backplate(675/1455/1269) | CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.5GHZ (oced) | PSU: Corsair TX850 | CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred | CPU COOLER: Xigmatek Dark Knight | RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9-24 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750GB | SOUND: Logitech Z-2300 | MOUSE: Razer Lachesis | KEYBOARD: Razer Lycosa |
not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Does anyone else get bugged by a CRT monitor at only 60hz refresh rate? It looks like it's flickering when it's like that to me.
CRTs can run much higher than 60Hz, and you definitely should run them higher. I ran my 22" at 1920x1440 85Hz.

Only game i got that runs lower then 60Fps on all max is Crysis ofcourse, anything else, its a rock solid 60

Back
Top Bottom