Modem speed help

biferi

Daemon Poster
Can anyone tell me the Incoming Speed and Outgoibng Speed of these MODEMs thanks?

M.O.D.E.M Type = 28.8 kbps
Transfer Rate = 28,800 bps

M.O.D.E.M Type = 33.6 kbps
Transfer Rate = 33,600 bps

M.O.D.E.M Type = 56 k / V.90
Transfer Rate = 56,000 bps

M.O.D.E.M Type = I.S.D.N
Transfer Rate = 64,000 bps

Soory the Transfer Rate sya for a 56 kbps MODEM is not giving me the Outing and Incoming speed right?

It is giving me a Total Speed right??

Assuming you are talking about a true modem (for a telephone line) a 56K modem, at best, you will get 40k to 45k down. (Limited by the telephone lines bandwith) Up is slower, I don't remember what the upload max is, it's been to many years since I've used a modem.

For clarification, a DSL modem or a Cable modem arn't true modems. A telephone modem gets it's name because it is a modulator/demodulator. It converts a digital signal to analog and vise versa. A DSL or Cable modem are completely digital so they really arn't modulating or demodulating the signal. They are the DSL or Cable equivelent of a telephone modem so they are commonly called a modem.

Thank you.

I do need help with one thing.
I am runing win xp pro and when I o to Start Shutdown the screen that comes up says
Shutdown....Turn Off......Stand By.....Restart

If I hold the Shit Key down the Stabd By Tab will change to Hibernate.

And in Power Managament I have everything set for Hibernate.

But if I let go of the Shift Key it turns back to the Stand By Tab???????

Why and can I get Hibernate Tab to just stay there??

...because that's just the way it works? I've never personally found it an issue and as far as I know there's no way to change it unless you want to get rid of the welcome screen and get the "classic" log on / shut down dialog.

From memory you can still just hit "h" to hibernate quickly from within the shutdown dialog without clicking on anything.

So you meen when I go to Start Shutdown and the screen comes up with
Shutdown..Stand By...Restart... Turn Off
I can just hit the H Key on my keyboard to go into Hibernate even though Hibernate is not up there??

I'm pretty sure you can as long as hibernate is enabled - try it and see (I would but I haven't got a windows machine to hand at the moment.)

Back
Top Bottom