Need help... New to this

mrhsmustang15

Beta member
Ok, so i just today took apart 2 emachines. Not the best computers i know.. But anyways I took parts out of one and put them into the other like added a Hard Drive and a DVD. But i haven't used either comp in awhile. I put everything back together and start it up and the screen just stayed black. I'm not sure if its the mother board or if its my power supply. I would like to know what everyones opinion on this is so i dont do around buying the unnescessary items. thank you for the help

make sure your monitor is in the right plug on the back pannel

if its your PSU your front light on the power button wolnt turn on

make sure its all snuggly in place with wires

if you have an integrated video card, then that could also be 'broken'

well idt the PSU is totally "dead" but "Dying" when i turn it on it'll flash yellow instead of green (Normal)

the front will?

that usually just means your HDD is active...u usually have 2 LEDs, green, and amber for your disc drive

ok well i use one mother board and the screen stays black. but i switch to the other one and it turns on but the fan on the PSU and Comp wont start spinning

you sure its all compatable? maybe u should just buy a new computer? less hassle then trying to get dinosaurs to work

yeah theyre both the same exact computer. i mean my friends coming over tomorrow to help figure out the problem. and yeah im going to once i have the money. im currently slowly buying the parts for the new one.i only have the computer case which is a neon window light. i dont have all the money yet. and im gonna need extra fans cause im thinking of getting the 13k rpm harddrive. idk yt

IMO, 13k RPM had drives have no use, mise well get a SSD and just skip the middle man called heat, lol.

once u get over 7200 RPM, the extra speed isnt that noticeable...

oh ight thanks for the notice. this is the first time i've done this. but hopefully i will find out what it is tomorrow. one more ? though. my PSU seems to b almost dead so if it is would it still b able to make my motherboard fan spin cause it isn't when i turn it on

Back
Top Bottom