What are the cables called so that that I can connect laptop to HDTV?

Like I mentioned above, those passive VGA -> S-Video converters aren't guaranteed to work. What settings are you currently using?

lol k Im trying to connect my lenovo x200 to an old 25" panasonic TV that only takes S-Video so i bought a VGA to S-video converter cable and then a male to male S-video cable and plugged that into the TV(S-Video) then I got a audio cable and plugged that into the TV as well but then I dont know how to make it work. I go to VIDEO 2 on the TV but nothing shows up and I set the output on the laptop to MONITOR, but still nothing shows up

lol k Im trying to connect my lenovo x200 to an old 25" panasonic TV that only takes S-Video so i bought a VGA to S-video converter cable and then a male to male S-video cable and plugged that into the TV(S-Video) then I got a audio cable and plugged that into the TV as well but then I dont know how to make it work. I go to VIDEO 2 on the TV but nothing shows up and I set the output on the laptop to MONITOR, but still nothing shows up

Well did you set the graphic settings on your laptop to use an external monitor?? if you didn't then that is your problem right there, not the cables.

yes. but still.. nothing is it suppose to be on Video 1 or video 2 or what?!? why isinit it working? is it cause of the VGA to S-video converter?

Back
Top Bottom